Sign in to follow this  

R22 helicopter will probably be released this fall

R22 helicopter will probably be released this fall  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the most likely time of release of the R22 helicopter?

• At the beginning of fall (around September 21)
    • Somewhere in between
    • At the end of fall (around December 21)
    • During winter

There have been some posts from IPACS indicating the R22 helicopter will be released 'soon'. Turns out, as was posted on the IPACS forum today, that 'soon' means "the R22 SHOULD be released some time this fall, so it won't be too much longer".

I will refrain myself from further comments 😉 but decided to make a poll instead.

Edited by Guest

" It's just a snapshot of mine taken in the distant future on that day, when the Aerofly R22 Helicopter will be released: "

4333867.jpg?resize=450,300

Sorry guys, don't feel offfended, it's all about humor 😉.

• Like 1

November, seems like fall.  Any update from AeroFly on the helicopter?

Danny

Danny

14 hours ago, DannyR said:

November, seems like fall.  Any update from AeroFly on the helicopter?

Danny

LOL, yea it's fall already.  But it also could be fall 2019 😅....

Honestly spoken: I don't care about this helicopter anymore, even it is for free !!!!  Fine with me if IPACS would bring it on fall 2030.

Currently I'm discovering more and more the possibilities of my other two main simsulators and the beauty of their living worlds.....and IPACS/Aerofly FS 2 is lightyears away from this.

But I'll inform you if I read corresponding news, and when this hell of a Robinson heli will be rising on the horizon

Here is something to quicken your appetite 😉 :

Flying-Pig_Logo_Cloud-version-small-02-2

All the best.

Edited by KBUR
English is NOT my mother tongue.

If you think about the available content, having a helicopter would be like having a new sim.

There is so much unexplored, simply because you are too fixated on the endpoints in a fixed-wing aircraft, even something as poky as a C172.

And if the R22 lives up to the hype, it will be the first time you'd have situational awareness in a consumer helisim. It's what VR was meant for.

Can't wait... Erm, actually I can wait. As long as it takes to produce the real deal.
It's what I've wanted since the beginning of flightsimming.

What a thought.

Could I add another option I would vote for?:

- Never mind. Too many very good choppers available on other sims.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

41 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Could I add another option I would vote for?:

- Never mind. Too many very good choppers available on other sims.

Cheers, Ed

...there lies wisdom in your words :b_hantu:.

Cheers.

I am very pleased that there is a good alternative to FSX / P3D and X-plane. :smile:

12 hours ago, torium said:

I am very pleased that there is a good alternative to FSX / P3D and X-plane. :smile:

I was very pleased too until I realized AFS2 won't be an alternative to FSX / P3D and X-plane (for MY kind of flying) for at least 5 years. Or more. I still hope to be very pleased with AFS2 in 2023 though. 😎 Although doubt is creeping in... But anyway, the R22 won't change this for me.

Wonder if you chaps have thought about trying a train simulator?

On 11/18/2018 at 3:23 AM, edpatino said:

- Never mind.

9 hours ago, J van E said:

MY kind of flying

Or even:
Russian Car Driver ZIL 130. Dog Simulator 3D. Fighter Aircraft Pilot. Cat Simulator: Kitty Craft. Drift Hunters. Tiger Simulator 3D. Horse Simulator 3D. Fort Shooter Simulator. ‎Wolf Simulator - the list is a long one, plenty of things to get cross about in there I'll bet 🙂

Edited by WingZ

I just don't get people waiting for the R22 in AFS2, which is a very simple and boring chopper, instead of flying dozens of better machines already existing in P3D or X-Plane. I wonder they just don't know.

Enjoy your flights, anyway.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

I just don't get people waiting for the R22 in AFS2, which is a very simple and boring chopper, instead of flying dozens of better machines already existing in P3D or X-Plane.

And I do not understand people who complain about Aerofly FS2 when they have P3D and X-Plane as they claim is so much better. Then it's no reason to use AFS2.

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

Enjoy your flights, anyway.

Agree.

I think it's more about it being the first helicopter, which can be slow enough to enjoy some parts of the scenery even more easily 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Someone may say what he wants about IPACS - their pace of development - and how they treat customers on their forum (-and there is enough to criticise-);  BUT their new Robinson R22 teaser pictures look just  ASTONISHING !!! 😮 😮 😮.

Here we go:

3b63630cce73683a912433ffb4889bc276126aa3

08b9a0a23bd7a45adc37cda62c7102cb5011f95d

387e6cb6250efc0c39dadfaa48053d956e2fb831

59b416865392f7990aa1eef5db9990de154caa3d

(source: https://steamcommunity.com/games/434030/announcements/detail/1702820133144951471)

PS: the scenery you can see on these pictures is the Florida DLC scenery from IPACS; you can get it on steam for 50% off now - a real bargain at the moment.

Cheers to all, Konrad

Edited by KBUR
English is NOT my mother tongue.
  • Like 4

19TiDM.png

izwEcC.png

ZCefZM.png

uV92Dj.png

KToAIn.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5