Sign in to follow this  
marcfsx

v2.5.4 GTN Trainer v6.50: Flight Plan Import (resolved)

Hi,

With the latest version v2.5.4  and the latest trainer GTN Trainer v6.50 the flightplan import button does not show up in the flightplan catalog.

With all the previous updates and garmin trainers it worked perfectly.

This is what I did so far:

1. Checked access to folder and all folders within C:\ProgramData\Garmin and specifically C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN

2. As  this did not work, I created a shortcut instead to C:\FPLN as described in the manual but that also did not work.

3. There are multiple flightplans in the FPLN folder that worked with previous versions and previous garmin trainers.

So, is the flighplan import functionality working in the v2.5.4  with GTN Trainer v6.50?

Thanks, Marc.

Edited by marcfsx

Hi,

The FPLN subfolder (or shortcut) must be located in the trainer-created folder, in this case for v6.50:

"C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN"

It has changed from previous versions and the User's Manual is still indicating the older path, we'll re-upload updated installers with updated manuals in the coming days.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

Thanks for your quick reply.

With this new folder it is working again

(Just forgot that with each new trainer, Garmin changes the FPLN folder)

This thread can put to solved.

Marc. 

35 minutes ago, marcfsx said:

This thread can put to solved.

I wish I new how to add tags to existing threads, it seems I can no longer for the last couple months?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'll just add here that the import also fails silently if your copy of unzipped files into the FPLN folder includes the Garmin pdf.  Now that the import works, next step is to see why P2ATC .gfp export won't import.   Looks like the P2ATC .gfp export is inadequate, I'll push this over to P2ATC support. 

Overall, the Reality GTN750 is solving my problem of working with a 15 inch screen without oversize G1000 popouts and without using much mouse control on knobs.  Laminar C172, no HSI, S-Tec autopilot.  Next is the G600, and hopefully the XP11.3 autoconfigured Garmin autopilot.  

Regards, TS

• Like 1