Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Anyone install the new alpha B350i - released today

Unfortunately I had no luck installing the latest alpha on my system (Admin, UAC and AV turned off during install) . For some reasons there were no entries in the addon.cfg and in the KA350 directory the addon.xml was not created. So I tried to make the entries myself and was able to load the KA in P3D 4.3. But the panel was messed up (weird graphics on the PL21 displays), no reaction to my controls, FPS were pretty low. I wonder if I did someting wrong with the configuration files. Could anybody with a successful installation post the addon.cfg- and addon.xml entries or send me a pm?

Thx in advance

Tom

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

@Tom_L  You will need to do a legacy install directly into the P3D folder. The installer at this point does not support addon.xml method (or need it in a legacy install). 

When you did the install, did you get the prompt for installing the SQL engine and Truelight components?

If that is how you installed, you may want to ask at the Milviz forum. Although there is no official support at this time, some of the devs may try to help. 

How does the auto pilot function in the alpha? Thanks.

Dave

The installer should do all the work for you. 
Are you installing into the root sim? I feel certain that a manual install will cause more problems than it will solve.

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

Hi Folks,

thank you for your input. As far as I remember, the installer asked for the location where to install the KA, defaulting to the "My documents" folder. As this is common with addons using the addon.xml method I indeed installed into a separate folder on my dedicated flightsim SSD, but not into P3D root. I then tried with a self-made addon.xml in the chosen folder and declared the addon active within the addon.cfg file of P3D. I will try an installation into P3D root and see if the problems were related to  this special installation method.

Thx for now

Tom

Btw: I already received several emails from Oisin over at Milviz regarding the solution of my probs. Great support considering this being an Alpha.

• Upvote 1

The AP is only barely functional at this time.  We're working on it right now.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

You've probably noticed this...reference the fuel cut off point on the condition levers... it currently cuts the fuel when the levers are forward of the low idle position. Dave

On 9/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, Raging Bull said:

To do what many default turboprops - and poor payware models - have often failed to do. 

To rise with altitude as it climbs. Why, doesn’t it do this? 😮

I fly a King Air variant with the -67 engines. Though ITT (We call it TGT but it's the same thing) does rise slightly, its not very much. Typically we worry about maxing the ITT in the climb in the summer and the N1, not ITT/TGT will be the limiting factor in the winter. The same could be said when I flew a KA with the -42. In my experience, about 1500 hours in the King Air, TGT/ITT does not climb very much at all. In fact I can't remember a time when in the climb where I had to reduce power due to temps.

• Upvote 2

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

@Henry Street: Did as you suggested and that solved most of the problems. What remains is a framerate issue on my system (i7 3770k @4,4Ghz with GTX970 on Win7). Where I normally achieve 20 to 27 frames/sec with more complex airplanes, the KA makes them drop to 9-12 fps - that's veeeery laggy and therefore nearly unusable. Testing continues...

15 hours ago, Henry Street said:

@Tom_L  You will need to do a legacy install directly into the P3D folder.

4 hours ago, 19dcavscout said:

I fly a King Air variant with the -67 engines. Though ITT (We call it TGT but it's the same thing) does rise slightly, its not very much. Typically we worry about maxing the ITT in the climb in the summer and the N1, not ITT/TGT will be the limiting factor in the winter. The same could be said when I flew a KA with the -42. In my experience, about 1500 hours in the King Air, TGT/ITT does not climb very much at all. In fact I can't remember a time when in the climb where I had to reduce power due to temps.

Going to FL230 in the Milviz model I had to retard power from 98% to 96% to stay below ITT redline. Was running at about 810° with 96% at FL230 on a hot muggy south Florida day.

Sound about right?

On 9/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, Raging Bull said:

To do what many default turboprops - and poor payware models - have often failed to do. 

To rise with altitude as it climbs. Why, doesn’t it do this? 😮

Hi,

There is a very common mistake to think that ITT increases noticeable with altitude per se.

ITT will rise with altitude as long as torque remains constant(*). To keep torque constant you need to increase power, which in turn increases fuel flow and ITT as a result. 

So, ITT is directly affected by N1 % RPM. While the aircraft is climbing, power uncorrected, FCU will command FF to maintain current N1 RPMs; the higher going the lower FF would be needed, resulting in a balance with ITT rise due to air becoming thinner.

Tom

(*) Up to certain altitude, see post below

Edited by taguilo
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

Going to FL230 in the Milviz model I had to retard power from 98% to 96% to stay below ITT redline. Was running at about 810° with 96% at FL230 on a hot muggy south Florida day.

Sound about right?

It seems so.

Engines are flat rated (100% torque) up to 18,000 ft (FL180) at ISA conditions, 

Tom

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 19dcavscout said:

Hi Nick, I flew the -41 about 20 years ago so the memory isn't quite sharp but with the -41 i remember being temp limited up high. Used to usually go between FL250 & 310 most of the time - long legs. I think the limit was 750' but max continuous was 720. I went on to fly l other aircraft after the 200 but to this day the 200 was probably the most satisfying aircraft  to fly. This MilViz 350 looks to be really nice when it is finished. Dave

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, 19dcavscout said:

Thanks for th info.

I was going by what I read by some of those flying the -42’s, -61’s and -52’s who even with those get temp limited even at cold OAT. 

Flight sim traditionally had the ITT dropping. At least with some add-ons if it’s done correctly, one can fly different limits - like 740 in the -42 - and have that as a limit if it occurs first in high OAT. 

I must say its good to have the King Air back and it does look bl--dy good, which is what caused me to fall in love with it ALL those yrs ago, I always said from the first time I saw this King Air it had brilliant graphics, OOOOh I feel giddy! I've gone and paid Milviz a compliment, My dog is phoning my doctor as I type

all the best to Milviz

Peter

• Like 1