Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Anyone install the new alpha B350i - released today

4 hours ago, wizzards said:

've gone and paid Milviz a compliment, My dog is phoning my doctor as I type

HAR!, the coffee comes out my nose!

So....  wondering how you're all liking it...  so far?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi All,

Having almost given up on ever being likely to see the B350i in my lifetime, I was pleased and surpised to see a link for the new Alpha model in my mailbox recently. I installed the |B350i in P3D v4.3.

Frame rates are good on my system and very smooth.

As mentioned here, the AP is non-operational and many sounds seem to be lacking (no switch clicks, minimal no engine power up or down sounds). AP status is not annunciated on the PFD as far as I can tell, although it may actually be working, I think but you can't see  what is dialled in. The FMC and FPLN data on the ND is also stuck on some Italian Airport I have never been to, and Although you can program in a filght plan, it won't follow it. I even tried to use the FS Tramp AP to follwo a plan - but that didn't work either.

So I am left with flying it manually at the moment. But my goodness it's good. I would amost say it feels better than the MJQ Dash 8. - and that's saying something. Quite addictive.

I have flown a couple of times in the RW as a passenger in a B350i, which hardly makes me an expert (the Specsavers one out of Southampton in the UK) but this feels as close to that as must be possible in a Sim. I also have the F1 B200 King Air, whch I giuess must be the closest to being a deep KA sim, but this stll feels better, even in Alpha. Advantage with the B200 is I have the GTN750 working. However, it looks like we may not need that in this one, as the PL21 is shaping up nicely I must say.

I'm sure I don't need to say that like most of you probably, I check most days in my mailbox to see if there's an update with most of the features working. I won't ask here as I am sure we won't be told.

Good flying - keep holding your breath (or not ?)

Ray

G'day Ray,

I tend to agree with most of what you say & the aircraft does appear to fly nicely, that is till you get up a bit higher. I tried to do a nav with it the other day & as the AP is pretty much non functional at present tried to hand fly it. Can't remember exactly what FL I was at but it was in mid to high twenties but I found I couldn't trim it for straight & level. I have a PFC Yoke with buttons set up for trim & also have a Saitek Trim Wheel which can be handy for fine trim adjustments however using both these systems I was unable to get her to trim properly. Normally would be using AP here however she should be able to be hand flown at any level. Still alpha of course so interested to see how this pans out down the track. 

Down lower & doing circuits I didn't have an issue & she did behave very nicely.

Also very impressed with the electrical system so far particularly the way the lights dim at night when you start an engine!

Like you am eagerly waiting for the next update.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

If you like it now...  just wait a bit more...

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

11 hours ago, Rossco said:

G'day Ray,

I tend to agree with most of what you say & the aircraft does appear to fly nicely, that is till you get up a bit higher. I tried to do a nav with it the other day & as the AP is pretty much non functional at present tried to hand fly it. Can't remember exactly what FL I was at but it was in mid to high twenties but I found I couldn't trim it for straight & level. I have a PFC Yoke with buttons set up for trim & also have a Saitek Trim Wheel which can be handy for fine trim adjustments however using both these systems I was unable to get her to trim properly. Normally would be using AP here however she should be able to be hand flown at any level. Still alpha of course so interested to see how this pans out down the track. 

Down lower & doing circuits I didn't have an issue & she did behave very nicely.

Also very impressed with the electrical system so far particularly the way the lights dim at night when you start an engine!

Like you am eagerly waiting for the next update.

hmm...the highest I've taken it so far is FL240 and was able to trim straight and level no issue. I am using FSUIPC and Thrustmaster Warthog joystick.