Sign in to follow this  
Stubenflieger

GTN 750 / 650 on a network PC

Hello,

first of all, I assume that I have a seperately purchased copy of GTN and X-Plane on each computer:

Is it possible to run the gtn 750 or 650 on a X-Plane network (LAN no Wifi, no connection between X-Planes over the internet) on the "slave" version of X-Plane?

background:

for my homecockpit I use multiple PCs for loadbalancing the fps of the outside view. The GTN should better run not on the main PC because it drains a lot of power and I have plenty of it on one of the remote Pcs where not 3 monitors are connected to.

if it is possible, do I have to take special measures to ensure everything works good?

thank You!

Markus

7 hours ago, Stubenflieger said:

The GTN should better run not on the main PC because it drains a lot of power

Hi,

Can you please detail this? How much 'power' does it actually take on your system?

NB: mind you, the trainer running standalone consumes some resources indeed, but our solution manages this very well and reduces significantly the amount of CPU used, the amount of memory used, the amount of Video card memory used, and the final working set is about 50MB to 70MB 😉

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The problem is the external display (touch screen). I have to connect it to the on-board graphic card because the GeForce I have has only 3 display ports. I need all of them for external views. The on-board  graphic card is no GeForce and that slows down the pc at all...

Markus

On 9/8/2018 at 11:42 AM, Stubenflieger said:

The on-board  graphic card is no GeForce and that slows down the pc at all...

Is this an Intel chipset?

Does it actually slow down the PC just because the on-board graphics chipset is enabled?
or only when running the Trainer?

If the later, is this slowing down the PC with the trainer running standalone?
or with the trainer under the control of our plugin?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

The problem is the on-board card.

The software itself runs smoothly when the popup is on one of the 3 main screens 

Br

Markus

1 hour ago, Stubenflieger said:

The problem is the on-board card.

Nevertheless, this might be something for which there is something to be done.

So, just to help me understand and help you, can you please review my questions above and if possible try answering more precisely to each of them?

1. Is this an Intel chipset?
  2. Does it actually slow down the PC merely because the on-board graphics chipset is enabled?
  3. or only when running the Trainer on the on-board graphics chipset?
  4. If the later, is this slowing down the PC with the trainer running standalone (on the on-board graphics chipset)?
  5. or with the trainer under the control of our plugin (on the on-board graphics chipset)?

Yes it is an Intel chipset (Asus Maximus Board)

The problem is not your software or the trainer at all. X-Plane generally gets slower when I open a popup and drag it over to the screen powered by on-board graphics card (it is also the same with the default gps)..

If I run the trainer standalone it is no problem but the combination with X-Plane (11.25) and the onboard graphics card for the popup...

Br

Markus

Thank you for the additional info.

So X-Plane is causing this when dragging the window over the screen controlled with the Intel chipset.

Is this with a popup window, in-sim, implying some of X-Plane window is also displaying on this screen, or, is this also with a popout window out-of-sim, with no X-Plane main window displaying on this screen?

The popout window is a standard Windows window and should have little to do with the rest of X-Plane as-is.

I only use the Pop Up Window outside of X-Plane.

I have X-Plane running in fullscreen mode on my 3 GPU Ports of my main GPU There is only the view to the front, right and left displayed, no instruments because they are physical in my home cockpit. Then I open the RXP GTN 750 as a pop up and drag it to the fourth monitor, which is a touchsreen monitor (8 inch) connected to the port of the onboard GPU. 

BR

MArkus

Hi Markus,

So this is a popout window, with the default Windows chrome around it.

In this case, this just means X-Plane and/or the chipset is having a hard time working when the discrete video is running too.

Could there be a newest Intel driver that helps?

Hi

Picking this issue up several years on!

I have the same question

XPlane 11 running on MacBookPro - feeds the scenery (external monitor) an a AirManager panel

I have a second install of XP11 on a Dell Inspiron laptop - exclusively for the touch screen and Reality XP 750.

It all seems to work EXCEPT that settings on the 750 do NOT overwrite the displays on the primary (Mac) machine. Other aspects of the GNS (e.g. moving map) work fine, so it looks like Mac to Dell data works, but Dell to Mac doesn't...

Is this a setting issue, or am asking too much of the secondary setup?

Thanks

Damien

Hello

Beginner here...

I have:

(1) XP11 with Reality XP GNS750 running on a PC laptop - only output is the GNS750 (for the touch screen)

(2) AirManager running Beechcraft B58 panel on a MacBookPro, together with the scenery from (1) above on a separate screen

It all seems to run well.... but....

While badly tracking a VOR inbound, the Bendix/King KCS 55A HSI CDI stays STATIC until I pause computer (1), which causes the CDI to flick across to the right deviation, to return to the midline when I unpause.

Clearly not usable, and clearly operator error - but I can't find the solution anywhere...

AFAIAA, AirManager should be able to run on computers other than the primary 'Master' (as opposed to RealityXP which seems to need to sit on the Master Computer, where the XP11 sits)