Sign in to follow this  
bob755

Incoherence between SID chart and FMC legs

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've experiencing a difference between the SID on the Navigraph chart and that created in the FMC. 

- Simulator FSX SE

- Departure: LFMC RWY 04R

- SID: TURI6E

The initial routing is to turn right and follow 138deg  to intercept the NIZ 158deg radial at D8.0 NIZ and follow this track to D11.0NIZ

Q6sl95m.png

Here one can see that the 158deg radial is way off NIZ 8.0 and NIZ 11.0.  In fact it's impossible to reach NIZ 8.0 after t/o since the required turn is too tight.

COSixXg.png

Any ideas of the origin of this issue?

I'm posting the same topic on the Navigraph support forum.

Edited by bob755

Bob Mata

FSX STeam Windows 7 ,  NVIDIA Quadro K2100M, CPU Intel Core i7 @2.8Ghz, RAM 16Gb

Bob, the 1st two waypoints on the SID are conditional waypoints (at 420ft turn right 138 and at D8.0 NIZ intercept R158). They should "shift" towards NIZ R158 green radial as displayed on the ND the moment you start moving and t/o. It's because you are stationary that the 1st part of the tracks on the ND look incorrect.

Have you tried this departure yet?

Johann van Rhyn

Also it would be good to post the picture of the FMC legs page as well.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

I have tried several departures and the wpts don't move. I make a sharp  right turn immediately after takeoff but impossible to intersect these points. 

sOaz3mB.png

Bob Mata

FSX STeam Windows 7 ,  NVIDIA Quadro K2100M, CPU Intel Core i7 @2.8Ghz, RAM 16Gb

3 hours ago, bob755 said:

Here one can see that the 158deg radial is way off NIZ 8.0 and NIZ 11.0.  In fact it's impossible to reach NIZ 8.0 after t/o since the required turn is too tight.

Neither FSX or P3D have proper orientation for VORs.  The simulators apply the local mag variation instead of the calibrated declination, and the difference can be significant in areas with large variations.  Each VOR navaid has it's unique declination and this value is included in the bgl file, but the simulators ignore it.

I've complained to LM but it seems that not enough users are noticing they have ignored my complaints.

As for the SID.... Johann is correct.  Conditional waypoints will move depending on aircraft rate of climb, speed and rate of turn.  If that's not happening then the question becomes why not?  Were I flying that procedure, I would not even try to use LNAV... I'd just hand fly it until established on the r182 or r198 outbound.

Dan Downs KCRP

I would expect to see a (420A) there not an exact (420), Bear in mind LNAV only should become active at 400ft, so it's a little early. I've never flown an SID with initial turn below 500ft so far. Can I ask if you depart with LNAV selected and showing as armed? 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

sorry for the late reply. I've been away.

Yes LNAV was selected before departure.

Bob Mata