Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

a random collection of XP11 dusk shots

here's the tail ends of two different sunsets... one of which has probably already bitten the dust on the scrapheap of creation... the other soon will also Im sure.

b0hUO37.jpg

hxX10pL.jpg

Va9maJc.png

Pjec8rL.jpg

YgIG6dh.jpg

PJ5GhZY.jpg

oHLsDoM.jpg

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

XP11 dusk lighting always looks just right and also soothing to the eyes....the 1st shot is amazingly real!

Great series!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Great job! Especially impressive is the highlight of the clouds on the 4 screenshot. The general lighting is done perfectly too.

Gennadiy

Love the 3rd pic... that sunset color is spot on!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you all for the comments.  The third is my favorite as well.  its frustrating how much the tones change when visibility decreases and I don't seem to have control over all the colors - or maybe I just haven't learned enough yet.

All the pics except one are the same sunset and I pulled the colors from a trailer on the five disc Phantasm collection that I recently picked up at Wallbert. :-)  Ive now seen photographs to justify orange ending, red ending and pink ending.  there really is no 'correct' sunset I don't think.  I still hope for a simulator that includes the physics that automatically creates those colors based on weather.

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

Ive now seen photographs to justify orange ending, red ending and pink ending.  there really is no 'correct' sunset I don't think.  I still hope for a simulator that includes the physics that automatically creates those colors based on weather.

That would be nice. FSX allows I think 10 different sunsets/sunrises textures, but they're simply sequential, and not based on weather conditions.

Modeling different sunset colors would require accounting for atmosphere aerosol, smog, humidity, etc. Not so easy to do. Flight Gear allows changing sky colors based on atmosphere turbidity, but it's just a manual slider, not automatic. Maybe also Outerra do that?

It would be a nice idea though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]