Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

GSX v2 Released--Animated Pax and SODE jetways everywhere

Out now. Downloading from the FSDT website right now.

//Mod note: post-release comments moved from other thread//

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Will probably end up buying anyway, but I still don’t understand how this project was deemed a higher priority than revamping the pushback function. Now how many years are we going to have to wait?

On 9/7/2018 at 7:36 AM, Chapstick said:

Will probably end up buying anyway, but I still don’t understand how this project was deemed a higher priority than revamping the pushback function. Now how many years are we going to have to wait?

The new stuff does add layers of immersion.  The pushback function is not perfectl, but it's not  bad either.  What is it specifically you don't like?

Just downloaded it and tested it out. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised with the passengers. 

Capture.jpg

First a truck came and unloaded the pilots and the crew into the airplane..

Then the pilot vehicle left and came with the baggage and passenger bus..

Capture6.jpg

Honestly I was very surprised on the variety of passengers.... you get everything from kids to grandmas... it's pretty cool...

Capture9.jpg

It was pretty surreal actually watching them going into the airplane I have to admit... it took about 8-10 ish mins to completely load all 139 passengers... which is pretty realistic for the real world in my opinion.. maybe even a little fast..

However I am not sure 139 people would fit into that little bus... but remember that it's a sim!!

will test more later!

On 9/7/2018 at 8:13 AM, Mitch24 said:

It was pretty surreal actually watching them going into the airplane I have to admit... it took about 8-10 ish mins to completely load all 139 passengers... which is pretty realistic for the real world in my opinion.. maybe even a little fast..

Do you preset the number of pax you are loading in the UI or does GSX estimate it based on the aircraft you are flying?

If I am not wrong, GSX can read the number from certain addons such as PMDG and Aerosoft Airbus Professional. For other planes, I hope you can set the number in the GSX menue.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:27 AM, AnkH said:

If I am not wrong, GSX can read the number from certain addons such as PMDG

Cool

On 9/7/2018 at 8:26 AM, ErichB said:

Do you preset the number of pax you are loading in the UI or does GSX estimate it based on the aircraft you are flying?

GSX estimated it for me. But I think you can also specify exact # of passengers of course.

It felt like there were actual real people aboard the aircraft. 

@virtuali I want to buy but the firt thing mentioned in the features being;

Features:

• Animated Passengers, boarding/unboarding the airplane using either Staircases or Jetways.

Does this mean it's not compatible with small regional aircraft that have built in stairs?.

I don't really fly B737/A320's and fly regional turboprops like the Fokker 50, Saab 340, Shorts 360 all with built in stairs and don't utilize jetways or ground service truck stairs.

So..safe to purchase based on the aircraft I fly or just stick with GSX 1?.

Thanks.

I guess no, as GSX would not be able to animate the passengers boarding the plane via the built in stairs.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:40 AM, SquawkModeCharlie said:

Features:

• Animated Passengers, boarding/unboarding the airplane using either Staircases or Jetways.

Does this mean it's not compatible with small regional aircraft that have built in stairs?.

I don't really fly B737/A320's and fly regional turboprops like the Fokker 50, Saab 340, Shorts 360 all with built in stairs and don't utilize jetways or ground service truck stairs.

So..safe to purchase based on the aircraft I fly or just stick with GSX 1?.

Thanks.

You can get a demo and try it for FREE first on any of the listed Airports on the website.

S.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:49 AM, AnkH said:

I guess no, as GSX would not be able to animate the passengers boarding the plane via the built in stairs.

I think it can but it is better to wait for @virtuali Umberto to confirm.

S.

In any case, I would assume, that FSDT would have to make some kind of editor, where one manually could indicate to GSX where the door was located, how high it was and how the built-in aircraft stairs looked like... 

Don't know if it's achievable? If it is, maybe it'll come as an update.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, ABermann said:

In any case, I would assume, that FSDT would have to make some kind of editor, where one manually could indicate to GSX where the door was located, how high it was and how the built-in aircraft stairs looked like... 

Don't know if it's achievable? If it is, maybe it'll come as an update.

The editor already exist, this is how you configure your airplane with custom doors, etc. so the ground services can work with the Airplane.

I think Umberto demonstrated how to edit custom stairs already to me in Vegas, but I can't remember it 100% so I rather wait until he confirms :).

S.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, SquawkModeCharlie said:

Features:

Yes, it is!!

We updated the airplane editor to specify a "virtual" staircase, which are two start/end points that passengers can use, when the airplane doesn't use the GSX staircases, but has its own.

The default CRJ-700 and the Aerosoft CRJ have the configuration already pre-built in GSX.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Yes, it is!!

We updated the airplane editor to specify a "virtual" staircase, which are two start/end points that passengers can use, when the airplane doesn't use the GSX staircases, but has its own.

The default CRJ-700 and the Aerosoft CRJ have the configuration already pre-built in GSX.

I knew it! hehe.

Well done guys! I wish you all the best luck with the release.

Regards,
S.

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Yes, it is!!

Fantastic, appreciate the response!.

Just tried it with the AS A319, no passengers were boarding. The pilots arrived, the flight attendants arrived and some guy in a small van, but no passengers. Then suddenly, GSX tells me "boarding completed" and "close doors". I had 150 passengers in the loadsheet and loaded into the MCDU3 of the AS Bus, but sadly no passenger bus arrived. What am I doing wrong?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Just tried it with the AS A319, no passengers were boarding. The pilots arrived, the flight attendants arrived and some guy in a small van, but no passengers. Then suddenly, GSX tells me "boarding completed" and "close doors". I had 150 passengers in the loadsheet and loaded into the MCDU3 of the AS Bus, but sadly no passenger bus arrived. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe GSX understood that the passengers were already boarded as you loaded them already on the MCDU3? why you don't try again without doing that step first? in any case in RW operations you put that information inside the flying computer after the passengers are actually on board and the Ground Operator deliver the loading word not allowed to the cockpit.

S.

Instabuy! Thanks for being one of the most innovative flight sim devs out there @virtuali & team, you never cease to amaze!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AnkH said:

This is not the FSDT support forum. Please report problems only on our forum, because reporting them here, will needlessly duplicate my effort trying to follow both forums, resulting in a slower service for everybody.

• Upvote 2

Yes please - follow Umberto's advice - he is very quick to respond to support issues and they belong in his support forum. Starting them here not only duplicates his workload but runs the risk of shutting down a good, informative thread.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Does a very large amount of passengers come with multiple busses? Having 500 passengers exit from one bus is not very realistic 

just replaced default jetways in Aerosoft LSZH with SODE jetways, with just a few clicks....after i picked up my jaw from the floor i spent the next few minutes admiring the incredibly detailed models and textures, there are even smear marks on the glass panels of the jetway bridge

The way its implemented and how easy it is to replace default jetways is simply mindblowing! And i didnt even test the PAX boarding yet

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1