Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

GSX v2 Released--Animated Pax and SODE jetways everywhere

Just installed and tested....Whooo! Just brilliant. One of the addon of the year for me!!!

And the icing on the cake, practically no Fps impact with insane option on my config (ORBX airports)!

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Is this a mandatory update or can I wait a week or two?

I don't think it's mandatory.. i'm not sure

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Is this a mandatory update or can I wait a week or two?

Not mandatory but just run the latest installer and you have the latest version, and even there is a trial period I believe for GSX 2 (not sure)...

Then over two weeks just add the serial number and you have activated also the add-on for GSX > GSX2. no need to download again.

Make sure to run live update after installation as well...

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

Have you got my problem with the view from captain seat when you look the gateway. With all my plane fsl and pmdg i have this problem 

Thanks

Frédéric Giraud

I don't take passengers on my flights. Nobody pays me anything, so why should they get a free ride? :wink:

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My first and only impression? All I did was install it so I am on the trial. It said in the manual that Flight Beam's KSFO was fully functional in the trial so I loaded up at Gate 52 and hit the deboarding button, first thing I saw was feet bleeding through the jetway:

Feet.jpg

Step 2...... uninstall 😄

I will reconsider this one in a month when they fix more bugs 😎

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

4 hours ago, awf said:

Make sure to run live update after installation as well...

Not necesarry. The installer runs the live update automatically.

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

My first and only impression? All I did was install it so I am on the trial. It said in the manual that Flight Beam's KSFO was fully functional in the trial so I loaded up at Gate 52 and hit the deboarding button, first thing I saw was feet bleeding through the jetway:

That's because these are not GSX level 2 jetways, but SODE jetway. In "proper" GSX level 2 jetways, we have a *separate* setting for the jetway floor, which is the floor the passengers will walk on, which is separate from the floor in SODE, which is instead the lower bottom part of the jetway.

Of course, for these "foreign" jetways, there IS a correction factor already applied to this, but it cannot be always automatically calculated, because each jetway is different so, what might result in feet showing up on one model, might result in people floating on another one, which is why we have this separate setting in the jetways we supplied with GSX.

• Upvote 1

Just bought it and checked it out. Looks and works pretty good. There's the odd bit that's a little iffy procedures-wise, but I suspect that's mostly owing to limitations of the host sim; if I did a real pushback like that, I'd be kicked off the airport lol, but it's close enough to the real thing to not really bother me too much and it's certainly better than the default pushback, so well done to the devs.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 minutes ago, virtuali said:

That's because these are not GSX level 2 jetways, but SODE jetway. In "proper" GSX level 2 jetways, we have a *separate* setting for the jetway floor, which is the floor the passengers will walk on, which is separate from the floor in SODE, which is instead the lower bottom part of the jetway.

Of course, for these "foreign" jetways, there IS a correction factor already applied to this, but it cannot be always automatically calculated, because each jetway is different so, what might result in feet showing up on one model, might result in people floating on another one, which is why we have this separate setting in the jetways we supplied with GSX.

That's fine. Jetway 52 is a longer then normal one for this airport. Manual said:

Trial Areas
The Trial areas, were the product will work fully are as follows:
Milano Linate - LIML - Italy
San Francisco - KSFO - USA - from FlightBeam
Munich - EDDM - Germany - default or Aerosoft’s
If you are outside of one of the Trial Areas when the product is in Trial mode, this menu
will appear, allowing to jump directly to one of the Trial Areas to test the product.

I took this as San Francisco works but yes I can see how you guys created points to create a path on their jetways to make it work, this one jetway 52 didn't line up I guess.

I am going to purchase anyways as this looks like a great update overall. Love GSX so best to dive in and see more of it.  I like the 15% off multiple purchases so I will grab a few more airports as well

Cheers 😎

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Just purchased this product and it's pretty nice finally having people board and disembark. However, the jetways are a bit frustrating. MY jetway is fine, but all the other planes in the airport don't have operating jetways. That's just wrong because GSX v1 had all the other planes get movable jetways and now, they're all static. It takes away from an otherwise nice system.

3 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Feet.jpg

Step 2...... uninstall 😄

I will reconsider this one in a month when they fix more bugs 😎

I agree... there's alot of bugs right now

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I agree... there's alot of bugs right now

What part of my previous explanation on why it's normal that, on non-GSX jetways it's possible that feet would appear below or over the floor, because that jetway doesn't have an additional parameter of the "real" floor we DO have in our own jetways, you don't understand, exactly ?

That parameter is not something required by SODE, because SODE was never designed to handle passengers, we added it only to our own jetways so, when it's missing, because the jetway is not made by GSX, we can only rely on the SODE-floor, which is not the same as the real walkable floor we have so, we try to add a correction factor which, as I've said already in my previous explanation, cannot be guessed precisely, since it might result in either feet too low, or people floating, depending how the jetway was made and yes, it's more visible with a longer type, something the OP already realized...

• Upvote 1

I feel with you, Umberto.

You made it happen that we have got a dream fulfilled, nobody has dreamed of just a few years ago.

Now, people start complaining about details we never thought they would be possible. Must be a bit frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------