Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

GSX v2 Released--Animated Pax and SODE jetways everywhere

On 9/9/2018 at 3:11 PM, Rockliffe said:

Sorry to be the drunk at the party, while it looks really cool and I think the guys have done a great job, I think it is excessively overpriced for an expansion pack. I know I’ll be told then don’t buy it, but just saying. 😃 

It seems expensive for us Brits because of the exchange rate. Works out around £20. If the Pound was stronger then the price would come down accordingly. That isn't FSDT's fault, just the market.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

52 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It seems expensive for us Brits because of the exchange rate. Works out around £20. If the Pound was stronger then the price would come down accordingly. That isn't FSDT's fault, just the market.

Sure, in fact after having thought about it, I have warmed to the price and will probably head over to the FSDT site and part with my hard earned cash fairly soon! 😢

• Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Another point I would like to bring up. When starting the boarding process, it is not realistic to see the cabin crew make their way to the airplane. Most of the time we will get to the flight deck way before the gate agent sends the pax to the plane.  Another thing, there are from time to time crew members that will board the plane (think of us poor souls having to commute to work haha), it would be great to see pilots boarding as part of the pax crowd... Really liking it so far, just wanted to give some feedback from real life... 

Regards

John.

25 minutes ago, 757FO said:

Another point I would like to bring up. When starting the boarding process, it is not realistic to see the cabin crew make their way to the airplane. Most of the time we will get to the flight deck way before the gate agent sends the pax to the plane. 

That also struck me right away. Maybe the Crew Boarding sequence should better be incorporated into the Catering sequence than into the passenger boarding sequence.

In addition to that I would like to have the Cockpit Crew Boarding / Deboarding sequence optional. It's kind of weird to see the pilot walking into the aircraft when I am already sitting in my virtual cockpit. Furthermore most addon aircraft have pilots sitting in the cockpit in the outside view and it is even more weird to see the cockpit crew walk outside the aircraft and sitting in the cockpit at the same time.

But that's really complaining about first world problems. Thanks a lot to Umberto and FSDT for this massive leap forward in the flight sim environment! Keep it up!

Edited by RALF9636

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Unfortunately, more like £29 once you've factored in the exchange rate and VAT.

And at the moment, it's £29 not particularly well spent for me. It just doesn't seem to want to work at UK2000 Gatwick. Configured a jetway, seems to work ok. Shut down the sim, restart, back to Gatwick, jetway has disapeared. Configure. Repeat. Gone. Fortunately (I guess), not just me seeing the problem.

Looking at the current number of problems being posted on the relevant GSX forum, it would / could appear that a Pandora's Box has really been opened...

• Like 1

Anyone care for a controller setup guide? Mine is a mess and setup to use Chaseplane and FS2CREW among others so i really is trying to avoid going back to a clean controller setup. 

When i hit the editor and press ok the plane is starting to accelerete across the world and underneeth it making it impossible to control. Disabling Chaseplane helps with this but again my numpad are gone. 

Another thing about FT EKCH blue gates. They must be static since it doesnt shows as a gateway? Would love to replace them with blue glass gates. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Add the SODE jetways from this to the Rex Airports HD airports, and you have some pretty good-looking default locations to fly too and from. I've been having a lot of fun checking out airports I haven't been to for years with this combination, having installed both today.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

44 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

And at the moment, it's £29 not particularly well spent for me. It just doesn't seem to want to work at UK2000 Gatwick. Configured a jetway, seems to work ok. Shut down the sim, restart, back to Gatwick, jetway has disapeared. Configure. Repeat. Gone. Fortunately (I guess), not just me seeing the problem.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

Looking at the current number of problems being posted on the relevant GSX forum, it would / could appear that a Pandora's Box has really been opened...

Where are you buying from? I've just added it to my basket in the PC Aviator website and the final price shown was $29. No mention of additional taxes. Looking back at my previous orders they haven't added VAT to any of them. If you buy on a Tuesday there's a 5% or 10% discount, can't remember which. So based on that I should be able to buy tomorrow for $27 or less.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, 757FO said:

Another point I would like to bring up. When starting the boarding process, it is not realistic to see the cabin crew make their way to the airplane. Most of the time we will get to the flight deck way before the gate agent sends the pax to the plane.  Another thing, there are from time to time crew members that will board the plane (think of us poor souls having to commute to work haha), it would be great to see pilots boarding as part of the pax crowd... Really liking it so far, just wanted to give some feedback from real life... 

Regards

John.

Perhaps a timing option could be part of the UI so adjustments could be made to when crew board and when PAX should board. I use FS2Crew where 1hour is the start of Crew setup and PAX board at push back minus 30mins. (Long haul) 

Or if doing short haul adjust the timings to suit 30mins and 15mins.

I’d also like to see a bit more automation where the user would simply enter the departure and arrival airports including the expected arrival gate and let GSX2 just do it’s thing without too much menu selecting on departure and arrival.

xmas wish list 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have the GSXv2 config file for Captain Sim's 757? 

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

When i hit the editor and press ok the plane is starting to accelerete across the world and underneeth it making it impossible to control. Disabling Chaseplane helps with this but again my numpad are gone. 

Hello Michael,

Please calibrate your joystick from P3D options.
And try now 🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:01 AM, virtuali said:

You asked, we listened: the Zombies/Terminators are gone:

Yes, they are bit blurred, for the performance reasons already explained but, they surely looks better. Run the FSDT Live Update now to get them, together with other smaller bugfixes.

The passengers bus is ok so, but the truck for the crew are still terminators available, could you also adjust that?

11 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Anyone care for a controller setup guide? Mine is a mess and setup to use Chaseplane and FS2CREW among others so i really is trying to avoid going back to a clean controller setup. 

Another thing about FT EKCH blue gates. They must be static since it doesnt shows as a gateway? Would love to replace them with blue glass gates. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

I  find  it  easier  not  to  start  chase  plane  when  using  the  editor in  gsx  much  easier  to  do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg