Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

GSX v2 Released--Animated Pax and SODE jetways everywhere

10 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Perhaps a timing option could be part of the UI so adjustments could be made to when crew board and when PAX should board. I use FS2Crew where 1hour is the start of Crew setup and PAX board at push back minus 30mins. (Long haul) 

Or if doing short haul adjust the timings to suit 30mins and 15mins.

I’d also like to see a bit more automation where the user would simply enter the departure and arrival airports including the expected arrival gate and let GSX2 just do it’s thing without too much menu selecting on departure and arrival.

xmas wish list 

why not  post  your  request in the fdst  forum  since  there is  a thread   going  on  about things  to  add   to  gsx level2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

12 hours ago, garydpoole said:

Unfortunately, more like £29 once you've factored in the exchange rate and VAT.

And at the moment, it's £29 not particularly well spent for me. It just doesn't seem to want to work at UK2000 Gatwick. Configured a jetway, seems to work ok. Shut down the sim, restart, back to Gatwick, jetway has disapeared. Configure. Repeat. Gone. Fortunately (I guess), not just me seeing the problem.

Looking at the current number of problems being posted on the relevant GSX forum, it would / could appear that a Pandora's Box has really been opened...

like  to  know what  addon   that is  out there  that  has  worked  from  day  one  with  no issues,  give  the  dev  time  to fix  the issues

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 hours ago, garydpoole said:

Unfortunately, more like £29 once you've factored in the exchange rate and VAT.

And at the moment, it's £29 not particularly well spent for me. It just doesn't seem to want to work at UK2000 Gatwick. Configured a jetway, seems to work ok. Shut down the sim, restart, back to Gatwick, jetway has disapeared. Configure. Repeat. Gone. Fortunately (I guess), not just me seeing the problem.

Looking at the current number of problems being posted on the relevant GSX forum, it would / could appear that a Pandora's Box has really been opened...

maye I didn't understand your situation, but GSX L2 don't work on sode airport and UK2000 have all set with proper sode simobjetcs, so avoid to install jetway on addon airport with sode feature.

In any case GSX L2 brings more realistic parking then P3D base, you can add several option and the jetway are well done, so no more sinking and lot's of option.

As usual if you don't like don't buy it.

14 hours ago, garydpoole said:

All the reported problems have been already fixed, and most of the remaining ones will be fixed by another update later today that we are testing now.

The likeness of a problem begin fixed, is directly proportional to the accuracy of the report. If a report is accurate, so that it allows us to replicate the problem, it means the problem can be considered already fixed, assuming it IS a problem with our code.

There's only ONE outstanding problem, which I cannot replicate, so I'm just offering lots of suggestions to try, which is the "blurries" that, (as everybody know), it's a problem that has plagued P3D since its first release but, every user has his own history with the blurries.

Some say it started with P3D3, others with 4.1 and going back to 4.0 fixed it, and some say it started with 4.3. The P3D forum has about 400 hits discussing of blurries, dating back years, so clearly well before GSX L2. NOW, some users finally meet their own variation of the blurries, after installing GSX L2, which clearly indicates P3D at some point can be affected by blurries, and each user experience seems to be different.

We know there is a limit on the number of textures P3D4 can handle, this happend when going from 4.0 to 4.1 and it was changed in 4.2 (going back to the 4.0-style handling) so, MAYBE, the reason why each user eventually encounter blurries at a DIFFERENT time, it's related to this.

We ARE still investigating this, and we'll report it to LM asking for help, if we cannot fix it ourselves.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

I  find  it  easier  not  to  start  chase  plane  when  using  the  editor in  gsx  much  easier  to  do

Thanks alot  🙂,

but can you help with your controls/keyboard shotcuts for Slewmode ? I seems to have missed both views and numpad for those commands.

apreciated 🙂

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

28 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks alot  🙂,

but can you help with your controls/keyboard shotcuts for Slewmode ? I seems to have missed both views and numpad for those commands.

apreciated 🙂

Thanks Michael Moe 

when  chase  plane  is closed   I just  use the  y  key  for  slew  mode   and  the  num   key board  to  move  up  and  down etc   as  the  table  when  you enter  the  editor  mode of  gsx.   y  key  is  for  slew mode  on and  off    you  can assign any  key  on  your  key board  for  slew  as  long  as  it  doesn't  conflict  with other  keys   also  if  you  want  to  exit the  editor  mode  you need  to press  the  y  key  which  is  the  slew  mode  and  off

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

2 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

when  chase  plane  is closed   I just  use the  y  key  for  slew  mode   and  the  num   key board  to  move  up  and  down etc   as  the  table  when  you enter  the  editor  mode of  gsx.   y  key  is  for  slew mode  on and  off    you  can assign any  key  on  your  key board  for  slew  as  long  as  it  doesn't  conflict  with other  keys

Okay Thanks , but mine must be occupied by other software ,

Numpad and views need to to be setup again somehow in P3D control settings

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Just purchased from PC Aviator for $23.49 which is £18.21 Sterling. Many thanks to PC Aviator for sending me a 10% off voucher for Sept after I failed to use the August one. Plus another 10% off for Tuesdays. :smile:👍

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Okay Thanks , but mine must be occupied by other software ,

Numpad and views need to to be setup again somehow in P3D control settings

Thanks

Michael Moe

OMG😲! in all these years of simming i have never used the control panel for  "SLEW mode" under P3D controlpanel but only the "Normal mode" .OMG again 😵

I must be an old fool 🙄

Tried out GSX2 yesterday at FT EKCH and it seems to use alot of static gates as part of the buildings. I used a GSX2 SODE glass gate (A20) on top of the old one and made an exclude file which i dont think actually is needed in this case. Works fine. Only issue i had was the spawning point of my PMDG NGX was way back on the grid, for the gate to reach so i had to manually move the aircraft with "slew" to a "closer" point for it to reach.

Do i have to do this every time or can i save this new position of the aircraft for a new SIM session ? 

i really havent spent much time on scenery editing. I still prefer to learn my fleet of FSL,PMDG´s 😎

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

OMG😲! in all these years of simming i have never used the control panel for  "SLEW mode" under P3D controlpanel but only the "Normal mode" .OMG again 😵

I must be an old fool 🙄

Tried out GSX2 yesterday at FT EKCH and it seems to use alot of static gates as part of the buildings. I used a GSX2 SODE glass gate (A20) on top of the old one and made an exclude file which i dont think actually is needed in this case. Works fine. Only issue i had was the spawning point of my PMDG NGX was way back on the grid, for the gate to reach so i had to manually move the aircraft with "slew" to a "closer" point for it to reach.

Do i have to do this every time or can i save this new position of the aircraft for a new SIM session ? 

i really havent spent much time on scenery editing. I still prefer to learn my fleet of FSL,PMDG´s 😎

Thanks

Michael Moe

once  you have  moved  your  aircraft  to the  right  position    you  can  tell  your  are  by pressing the number  5  num  key  and  if  you hear  a  ping  your  know   your  ok,  save  all  your imputs  and  next  time  you  spawn  you  will be  at the  same  spot   as  long  you  go  to the  same  gate.   have  you  watch the tutorial  on how  to  do this  by umberto at all?

Peter kelberg

50 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

once  you have  moved  your  aircraft  to the  right  position    you  can  tell  your  are  by pressing the number  5  num  key  and  if  you hear  a  ping  your  know   your  ok,  save  all  your imputs  and  next  time  you  spawn  you  will be  at the  same  spot   as  long  you  go  to the  same  gate.   have  you  watch the tutorial  on how  to  do this  by umberto at all?

Thanks i have and i do hear a ping ,but next time i fire up my NGX in P3Dv4 it still sits way back on the grid. Gate and all GSX stuff is saved. Is this needed for every aircraft btw ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks i have and i do hear a ping ,but next time i fire up my NGX in P3Dv4 it still sits way back on the grid. Gate and all GSX stuff is saved. Is this needed for every aircraft btw ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

ok  what  you need  to  do  is  to  move the  aircraft  fwd  more or  back  till  the jetway  lines  up  with  the  l1  door(  sounds like  your  not  clicking the  save  option  after  you made  your  selection),   this  is  done  simply  when  your in the gsx  editor  mode  just press  y  to get  out  of  it  and operate  the  jetway   to  see if  it  lines  up if  it  doesn't  go back in the  editor  mode  and  do it again. than  save  your  settings  etc.  I had  done  this  with  the fsl319  at a  gate  than  tried  the pmdg  ngx at the  same  gate and  it  works  perfectly   lined  up.  only  tried  these  2  aircraft  at the  same  gate  a  medium gate   but  it  didnt  work  for the  majestic  dash  though  the  jetway  went  to  the rear  door  but  that was  expected  since  its  a smaller  plane  and  I set  it  up  at  a  medium gate.(  you need  to save  your settings  whilst  your  in the  gsx  editor  mode)

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks

Michael Moe

How do you launch your flight? Do you select the gate in the airport section of the launch menu? Keep in mind that P3D will use the gate location from the scenery AFCAD, ignoring any GSX customzations. I always start from "active runway" and then use the warp to gate command in GSX once the flight is loaded. This will put your plane exactly as you configured it in GSX

Just now, Woozie said:

How do you launch your flight? Do you select the gate in the airport section of the launch menu? Keep in mind that P3D will use the gate location from the scenery AFCAD, ignoring any GSX customzations. I always start from "active runway" and then use the warp to gate command in GSX once the flight is loaded. This will put your plane exactly as you configured it in GSX

I think you nailed the issue 🙂

I always pick up gate from P3D airport load menu since i always know where i want to start from. Old habbit since OOM with old 32-bit software was not so nice with all this "warp me to". Also seems like waste of time if you allready know where you will start from.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

5 minutes ago, Woozie said:

strange  I  don't  have  to  do that  I  just  go the gate from the launch  menu  and  its  always the same  spot

Peter kelberg