Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

GSX v2 Released--Animated Pax and SODE jetways everywhere

36 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I think you nailed the issue 🙂

I always pick up gate from P3D airport load menu since i always know where i want to start from. Old habbit since OOM with old 32-bit software was not so nice with all this "warp me to". Also seems like waste of time if you allready know where you will start from.

Thanks Michael Moe

Yeah had to get used to this approach as well 🙂 Its even the "official advice" from FSDT. Problem is, if you chose the gate before launching the flight, GSX wont show the "warp me" function as it will be hidden as long as you are within a certain range of the gate defined in the AFCAD

36 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

strange  I  don't  have  to  do that  I  just  go the gate from the launch  menu  and  its  always the same  spot

You may not notice a difference if the gate has been properly configured in AFCAD (meaning that only minimum GSX customization is needed). Unfortunately, many scenery developers are terribly lazy when it comes to AFCADs, which will often result in gates not being properly aligned with the guidance- and stop-lines on the tarmac. I had airports where i had to move the gate and stop position by several meters to match it with the scenery. Thats why its advised to use the warp me function as P3D will ignore any of those changes made in GSX and just put you where the AFCAD gate config points to. 

This is especially helpful on gates where both, heavies and smaller tubeliners dock. GSX will use the door position as a reference, so you can customize a gate to accommodate different sizes of airplanes and your plane will always be positioned correctly, while P3D will just match the center of your airplane with the center of the parking area defined in AFCAD. 

Edited by Woozie

14 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Yeah had to get used to this approach as well 🙂 Its even the "official advice" from FSDT. Problem is, if you chose the gate before launching the flight, GSX wont show the "warp me" function as it will be hidden as long as you are within a certain range of the gate defined in the AFCAD

You may not notice a difference if the gate has been properly configured in AFCAD (meaning that only minimum GSX customization is needed). Unfortunately, many scenery developers are terribly lazy when it comes to AFCADs, which will often result in gates not being properly aligned with the guidance- and stop-lines on the tarmac. I had airports where i had to move the gate and stop position by several meters to match it with the scenery. Thats why its advised to use the warp me function as P3D will ignore any of those changes made in GSX and just put you where the AFCAD gate config points to. 

This is especially helpful on gates where both, heavies and smaller tubeliners dock. GSX will use the door position as a reference, so you can customize a gate to accommodate different sizes of airplanes and your plane will always be positioned correctly, while P3D will just match the center of your airplane with the center of the parking area defined in AFCAD. 

ok  thx  for the info  will  try it next  time  the  warp  function in gsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Thank alot , guess i need to be aware of this "warp me there" system afterall.

Also the information about GSX picking up door position is nice. Why isnt it "on as default btw" ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Also the information about GSX picking up door position is nice. Why isnt it "on as default btw" ?

It's always on by default, but only if you use the Warp me here, since the simulator doesn't know anything about it so, if you use the standard Go To airport menu, it will place every airplane with its own reference center to the center of the parking, which is hardly realistic.

The issue is, all the AFCADs that are around here, are basically all wrong. Or, more precisely, they would work correctly only if you use the same airplane the original scenery designer used to position the parking, which is almost impossible to know: you can only hope he didn't use a 747 to position a parking for 737s but, in general, is a big huge mess.

Nobody noticed it before, because such precision wasn't required. But now we have marshallers, docking systems, jetways, passengers, special ways to load cargo (think the fixed loading piers UPS use at KSDF), we require a bigger level of accuracy in scenery design.

• Upvote 2

Without starting a new thread, are there any airports in the US with glass jetways?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |