Sign in to follow this  
chote

777X new boeing plane

Hello, this is a question to Mr. rsrandazzo. Do you think we will see the 777X for P3D V4 after all the releases that are coming out?

since boieng has just lazar his new model

You'll be lucky if you ever see the 200ER left alone the X.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I was at Boeing the other day, and they let it slip out that the only reason they produce new aircraft and variants is to keep PMDG in new projects!

• Like 6

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

29 minutes ago, chote said:

Hello, this is a question to Mr. rsrandazzo. Do you think we will see the 777X for P3D V4 after all the releases that are coming out?

since boieng has just lazar his new model

You know they need all the data to make this, so even before they can plan on doing this, the aircraft needs to be in full production, the data available to them, the real performances known. So we could see it but honestly I would not count on P3Dv4.

But I would guess a P3Dv4 of the 777X would be very unlikely, I mean PMDG doing quaility work they always need at least a good couple of years for a product. the 747-8 is not yet here, and there has already been announcement/reasing of the NG3 project. So with that before even doing the 777X and the EIS of it in two years I would beleive at least one, or two versions of P3D might have released in between 🙂

There is a relatively high chance that we will see it. Not during P3Dv4 though and probably not even v5, depending on how fast LM brings out new versions.. As Aurelien has already pointed out, PMDG does nothing without having the official data of this aircraft and therefore they need Boeing be fine with giving this data to them. But as long as airplanes aren't even delivered and in daily service with enough people having background knowledge on this type anyway there is absolutely nothing to expect from a simulation addon developer who even developes and releases on a competitor's (Lockheed Martin) platform. Not to blame PMDG for this of course 😄 

• Like 1

PMDG seems to have more interest in the obsolete 747 line than in newer models, but we shall see what happens when they are done with the -8 and that other new things that was announced.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The  744 family is not completely obsolete.. BA still has a lot of them and will continue to fly them until 2023 or so... and a lot of 400Fs are still in active service.. their current product line is pretty modern (737/747/777).. of course the 737MAX would be a welcome addition and the -8 will remain current for many years to come.. 

The MD11 on the other hand is more outdated than 744.. i'm glad they are not working on that or any of the 757/767.. 

X-Plane has a lot of very high quality aircraft but they're all obsolete or retiring soon in real life.. for e.g 757, 767, MD80, 727, 737-300.. So, thats why i spend more time in P3D nowadays and enjoy the PMDG widebodies.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

13 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

PMDG seems to have more interest in the obsolete 747 line than in newer models, but we shall see what happens when they are done with the -8 and that other new things that was announced.

The 747 is not obsolete. The aircraft will thrive as a freighter for years to come.

If people could just get over this "must always fly real world routes with the correct airline/aircraft type" mentality, then nothing would be obsolete.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

... "must always fly real world routes with the correct airline/aircraft type" ....

while watching Netflix on the second screen.

Edited by mgeiss
  • Upvote 2

So as far as I remember, our oldest 747-8i is 6 years old and the newest is 3 years old. Not sure how this can be obsolete 😄 We also do have the 747-400 which will still fly for a couple of years until its being replaced by the 777X

Edited by B747tebs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2018 at 10:57 AM, Christopher Low said:

If people could just get over this "must always fly real world routes with the correct airline/aircraft type" mentality, then nothing would be obsolete.

I understand what you mean, but I kinda endorse this policy. Although not in the extreme strictest sense, that some fanatics in here are practicing... 

I, for instance, don't have an issue with flying a 777-200LR, when an 777-200ER is supposed to fly the route, flying an 747-400, when an 747-8i is required or flying 737-800, when a 8 MAX is needed.

To be honest, I have a hard time, wrapping my head around that kind if nitpicking.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I also have no issues replacing 777-200er with LR.. Likewise, it is easy for me to imagine BA 747-8i since they are the largest operator of the current 747-400 type.. I'm actually surprised they went all in for 380 and not a single 747-8.. 

But Ya I'm not in favor of completely fictional routes.. I need the immersion and to certain extent you can stretch your imagination but beyond a point it snaps.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.