I have had my eyes on the Brunner Yoke  for a year now. It's not happening soon, but what a beast! Congratulations on the purchase.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

It took ten years, but I finally got where I wanted to with my setup, incorporating the Brunner CLS-E and rudder pedals.  Jury's still out on the rudder pedals, but the rest is great!30996350608_ac47033122_k.jpg29932224147_c35ad1f31f_k.jpg

• Like 2

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Very nice setup!!!

Fly safe!

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

On 9/17/2018 at 1:24 AM, mokeiko said:

How do you like the Brunner pedals compared to the MFG? I might pick up a set as well.

Stick with the MFG Crosswind.  

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

Why is that?

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

4 hours ago, mokeiko said:

Why is that?

The angle of the pedals is impossible to adjust.  There are four hex head screws to loosen with a wrench provided.  However, with this wrench you can't get enough torque to loosten the screws.  One guy stripped a hex head screw and now doesn't know what to do.  If you could take off the housing, you could use an allen wrench, which would work, but if you take off the housing the warranty is voided.  Second, all aircraft profiles in the software have the same force feedback.  A Cessna 172 is the same setting as a 737.  I asked Brunner for different pedal resistance for different aircraft, but was given no guidance. You would have the same resistance on the MFG by tightening the spring and using the prop cam.  I already sold my MFG and it's impossible to sell the Brunner pedals, so I'm stuck with them.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, vp49p3 said:

The angle of the pedals is impossible to adjust.  There are four hex head screws to loosen with a wrench provided.  However, with this wrench you can't get enough torque to loosten the screws.  One guy stripped a hex head screw and now doesn't know what to do.  If you could take off the housing, you could use an allen wrench, which would work, but if you take off the housing the warranty is voided.  Second, all aircraft profiles in the software have the same force feedback.  A Cessna 172 is the same setting as a 737.  I asked Brunner for different pedal resistance for different aircraft, but was given no guidance. You would have the same resistance on the MFG by tightening the spring and using the prop cam.  I already sold my MFG and it's impossible to sell the Brunner pedals, so I'm stuck with them.

Yea, I understand about the limited profiles for different aircraft. To me these pedals are only useful for GA aircraft as force feedback would be a little similar I guess. I would use the vjoy USB option (I do this with my yoke) in the control panel to use them for airliners, basically as a regular USB pedal without force feedback.

I read about the stripped screw. As for the angle, if you mount the pedals on a plywood base, maybe you could place a strip block of wood the width of the base on the rear or front to adjust the angle. But I guess this would be an ugly way to fix something you shouldn't have to do in the first place.

Thank you for your insight on these pedals, food for thought.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas

3 hours ago, mokeiko said:

As for the angle, if you mount the pedals on a plywood base, maybe you could place a strip block of wood the width of the base on the rear or front to adjust the angle. But I guess this would be an ugly way to fix something you shouldn't have to do in the first place.

Thank you for your insight on these pedals, food for thought.

fly safe

Thanks for the nteresting suggestion. But then the axis on which the pedals travel forward and back would not be level. Good luck on your ultimate selection.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, vp49p3 said:

I have significantly revised my opinion of the Brunner rudder pedals since my prior comment.  In speaking with some folks who actually fly Cessna 172's and other small GA's, I've learned that the Brunner pedals closely mimic the actual ones.  Folks told me that C172's drive like trucks and the pedals are hard to turn when you're taxiing slowly.  Now that I've used the Brunner pedals in the A2A C172 four months, I understand what they're talking about.  Since I mostly fly GA, the learning curve with the Brunner pedals has been steep, but overall, they make a much more realistic experience than the MFG and others.  I have a GoFlight LGT and the Brunner pedals actually move when I use its rudder trim knob! Sim flying has never been so real .:smile: 

Sorry I was hasty in my prior opinion.

• Like 1