"Bit the bullet" for the Brunner yoke. What a difference from my old worn out yoke. Gotta learn how to fly all over again!! No more goodies for a long time now. 

• Like 1

Looks great - but that price tag 😫! Hope you enjoy it 👍

David Porrett

Hey David,

Yes, I love it. Works great! The price was a hard one, therefore no more goodies for a long time. Brunner makes a huge difference in how a plane reacts.

Take care!

Wow, that's almost half the price of getting a private pilots license.  Of course, I've invested a lot more than I want to admit since P3D came out too.  Happy flying.

19 hours ago, lennie said:

"Bit the bullet" for the Brunner yoke. What a difference from my old worn out yoke. Gotta learn how to fly all over again!! No more goodies for a long time now. 

Plus 1---just got mine up and running yesterday.  Wow!  What a difference from my Yoko. 

Question--my CLS2sim software only works for 10 minutes.  When I connect to the sim, a message pops up that I am running unlicensed hardware and gives me the 10 minute warning.  Right on cue, at 10 minutes the software cuts out.  I don't understand, because the hardware is new, having been purchased from Brunner.  I can't find anywhere in the literature how to activate the CLS2sim for good.  Any suggestions?

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Not sure what your problem might be. I have not experienced this problem. Just got mine working a day or two ago, so maybe not time for that problem to come up. I have logged into the Brunner forum so that might be a good idea for you to do.

Today after rotating with the Baron, the yoke turned hard right, then hard left, for a minute or two and i had a hard time trying to take control. Not sure what caused that. And when i disconnected the AP at KRIC for landing, the same thing happened. Planning to get on the forum tomorrow and try to find out why that happened.

Other than that, i like the response from the yoke. 

Let us know what you find out.

And BTW, my PPL cost a lot more than $4K!!! Just sayin'

On 9/9/2018 at 1:50 PM, vp49p3 said:

Plus 1---just got mine up and running yesterday.  Wow!  What a difference from my Yoko. 

Question--my CLS2sim software only works for 10 minutes.  When I connect to the sim, a message pops up that I am running unlicensed hardware and gives me the 10 minute warning.  Right on cue, at 10 minutes the software cuts out.  I don't understand, because the hardware is new, having been purchased from Brunner.  I can't find anywhere in the literature how to activate the CLS2sim for good.  Any suggestions?

Had to get Brunner folks involved remotely via team viewer.  I have both the yoke and rudder pedals.  It took quite a while but it got fixed.  We had to fix the yoke while the rudder pedals were unplugged and vice versa.  Seems the licenses for both wouldn't activate at the same time.  Who knows why, but its fixed 🙂

How do you like the Brunner pedals compared to the MFG? I might pick up a set as well.

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

On 9/8/2018 at 10:49 PM, lennie said:

Well done.  I almost did bite the bullet on this but didn't in the end.  Did you go for the CLS-E or the entry level model.

14 hours ago, mokeiko said:

How do you like the Brunner pedals compared to the MFG? I might pick up a set as well.

Contact me in a week and I'd be happy to report, as I, too had the MFG rudders

11 hours ago, ErichB said:

Well done.  I almost did bite the bullet on this but didn't in the end.  Did you go for the CLS-E or the entry level model.

Hi Erich,

I went for the E and just about broke the bank. However, its probably the best addon in a long time!

Brunner has some aircraft profiles for a few planes on the CLS2Sim software, but not nearly enough, and i am not a computer person, and probably can't create any.  So I contacted Brunner and Stephan Brunner replied and uploaded a few planes that I asked for: Saab 340, F-27 and a couple others which he did. EXCELLENT SERVICE! I flew the F-27 today into KTUL, hand flying the TO and approach, what a great response from the yoke! I love it!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

Contact me in a week and I'd be happy to report, as I, too had the MFG rudders

Will do, thanks!

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

10 hours ago, lennie said:

Hi Erich,

I went for the E and just about broke the bank. However, its probably the best addon in a long time!

Brunner has some aircraft profiles for a few planes on the CLS2Sim software, but not nearly enough, and i am not a computer person, and probably can't create any.  So I contacted Brunner and Stephan Brunner replied and uploaded a few planes that I asked for: Saab 340, F-27 and a couple others which he did. EXCELLENT SERVICE! I flew the F-27 today into KTUL, hand flying the TO and approach, what a great response from the yoke! I love it!!!!

Fantastic

I have always maintained that most flightsimmers are grossly under-invested in good quality controllers.  I have tested the Brunner and instantly wanted one.  I was very close to getting it but decided to invest in a new PC instead.  I currently have the PFC Beech yoke, which is excellent and will have to do for a bit longer. 

Enjoy it.

• Like 1

Keep it on your  wish list, Erich! As the sim is my only real hobby i have stuck a lot of money and time into it. I did not go for the Brunner rudders as i bought the MFG last year, and they work just fine. Have a current problem with KTUL. On another post it was recommended to run the Orbx vector tool which i did, both add and remove; and the jet ways are still on the roof of the terminal. Maybe its GSX2 so i need to get in touch with someone there.

cheers,