Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

During the last few flights I notice massive blurries forming in the scenery below, I never had this before especially after upgrading to a 8700K CPU. Then I noticed that the issue probably lies on the CPU, since one and/or more cores are stuck at 100% load (which again never happened before, I always used P3D v4.3 with much lower CPU load). The process that is using this huge load of CPU is Prepar3D.exe itself, and I don't remember having changed anything except for the update of GSX (I haven't bought the new release, but had to update it anyway since it was being requested by the live update program). This pretty much sums up the problem, frame rate is great as usual, but the proper loading of the terrain textures is really compromised.

Anyone knows what might be happening?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

@Wanthuyr Filho Last weekend this started happening to me as well. 

Did you by chance take any Windows updates very near the time this started? 

Today same things for me first flight was great, landing at lyon in france, stay at gate 1 hour and take off to paris, 20 minutes later all became blurry cpu at 100% , no update from w10 or other. I don t understand what is this problem come from.

The only thing is the new fsdt gsx 2 install yesterday

• Like 1

Frédéric Giraud

Same here. I have had this before, but I upgraded to a 1080ti, updated drivers, switched to 4k, lowered AA and upgraded to 4.3 from 4.1. I have flown a fair amount since that update and my performance has been stellar - best experience in my close to 20 years of simming.

Last night I had really bad blurries from SDF to SAN. Ground textures were very blurry and the blurries returned quickly after resetting the scenery. Before I took off, I had slow loading textures on AI aircraft and buildings.

Since my last great flight, I:

1. Played around with some old Cancun scenery. I ended up deleting it. I completely removed it.

2. Installed FTX NA freeware package

3. I installed GSXL2 along with SDF and MEM (took advantage of the volume discount).

I am retrying the SDF-SAN under the same weather conditions right now after removing the FTX freeware package. I thought the addition of all of those airports may have caused issues. After seeing this post, I am thinking it may be GSXL2. If this flight doesn't go well, I'll remove GSX and see what happens.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hmmmmm, this is so strange, no Windows update triggered here as well, but then I remembered I had updated the video driver to the latest one (I heard some people talking good things about it), but... I don't know.

If you have further information, please share! I'm still trying things here.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

No windows updates or driver updates for me. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

ALso, when I do reset the scenery, it takes a really long time - maybe 8-10 minutes or so.

1 hour ago, grandfred29 said:

Today same things for me first flight was great, landing at lyon in france, stay at gate 1 hour and take off to paris, 20 minutes later all became blurry cpu at 100% , no update from w10 or other. I don t understand what is this problem come from.

The only thing is the new fsdt gsx 2 install yesterday

Me too; only change is GSX 2; I am on Windows 7

I am having the same problem. The only change on my system was the GSX update (I did not install the new expansion pack). I have not experienced this problem prior to this. 
GeForce GTX 1080, Win 10 Pro, no new updates. Prepar3D V4.3.29.25520. I cleared the shader cache and will see if that helps. On Windows Control Panel, Programs and Features Applet, I noticed that the GSX update (version 2.5.0.5) installed the MS C++ Redist (32 bit) libs  ver12.0.30501, and not sure if that's part of the issue.

22 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

ALso, when I do reset the scenery, it takes a really long time - maybe 8-10 minutes or so.

same here, really long time loading from start also and this is a new phenomenon. Just as a side note my sound is fading in and out as well, mmmmm. Not sure whats changed other than I installed GSX2 yesterday.

There seems to be a GSX theme to all of this... and maybe there lies the fix as well..

But when this happens try this, it may just possibly help.

While running P3D, open the Windows Task Manager,  In the Processes tab right-click on the Prepar3d process, and select Affinity, make no changes and close it again.

P3D sometimes does not use all the cores that it has available to it, and this can reset the situation.

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

There seems to be a GSX theme to all of this... and maybe there lies the fix as well..

But when this happens try this, it may just possibly help.

While running P3D, open the Windows Task Manager,  In the Processes tab right-click on the Prepar3d process, and select Affinity, make no changes and close it again.

P3D sometimes does not use all the cores that it has available to it, and this can reset the situation.

Thanks Bert I will give this a try and come back

Hi Bert,

I use Process Lasso, and have tried taking off CPU Affinity for the Prepar3d.exe process and then set it back to my selected affinity, but I get the same result either way.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Hmm i also had some blurry almost after takeoff at EKCH in the NGX. I also have updated to GSXV2 but cant really say anything about that. What i do find strange was a 5 minutes long loading time setting the 2 special effect slider to medium. I have forgot what they are for an since my GTX1080TI upgrade i have room for eyecandy. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

during my second flight i had a long freeze with  passing FL100 with FSLA320X, and the game continue until blurry come. Yesterday after a coualt crash i had a very long loading as you.

Frédéric Giraud