Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

12 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Yep me too. 

Meanwhile over at the forums Umberto is doing his usual "everybody else's fault but mine". That seems to be his bread and butter

If at least he didn't force the update, for the ones who don't wanna buy the extension, it wouldn't have happened. 😞

Cleaning the indexes didn't work for me.

Now I've uninstalled it altogether and will test right away.

Does anyone have the latest good GSX installer? I trashed mine with the new one on top.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

9 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

OMG!!  That seemed to work.  Not only that my frames have just doubled--quadrupled!!

It will be interesting to see if this works for others too. Fingers crossed. 

Note:  A Tip from Shamrockflyer (Ciarán Andrews)

For users suffering this Issue please follow this step then test Prepar3D.

This action Will Not effect your Scenery Add Ons.

Delete the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder located below,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4  -  SceneryIndexes_x64 (Click Here for Image)

Copy the TEXT below and Paste it into your Windows search bar,  This will bring you to the exact location

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Note:  A Tip from Shamrockflyer (Ciarán Andrews)

For users suffering this Issue please follow this step then test Prepar3D.

This action Will Not effect your Scenery Add Ons.

Delete the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder located below,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4  -  SceneryIndexes_x64 (Click Here for Image)

Copy the TEXT below and Paste it into your Windows search bar,  This will bring you to the exact location

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Does not solve the issue, unfortunately. After a few minutes on the flight the blurries start to build up again.

I wonder if the Couatl.exe thing is bugged or the dependencies that the updated GSX package installs into the system (such as C++ runtimes, etc) are outdated and causing conflicts...

• Like 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

8 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Does not solve the issue, unfortunately. After a few minutes on the flight the blurries start to build up again.

I wonder if the Couatl.exe thing is bugged or the dependencies that the updated GSX package installs into the system (such as C++ runtimes, etc) are outdated and causing conflicts...

It's no surprise really, Couatl has hogged up sim resources since the beginning, but nobody bats an eye. More than that, it seems like it could be more related to C++ runtimes like you said, something is running in the background that is clogging it up. 

31 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

It's no surprise really, Couatl has hogged up sim resources since the beginning, but nobody bats an eye. More than that, it seems like it could be more related to C++ runtimes like you said, something is running in the background that is clogging it up. 

My first inclination, after reading this, is to recommend you call a plumber for some...errr..."unclogging" work.  🙄

Couatl doesn't "hog sim resources"...given that it runs as a separate process from the sim, it does not use any sim resources at all.  It clearly runs under the OS as a peer to FSX/P3D and as such has its own set of resources allocated by the OS.  It runs in its OWN memory space, using its OWN resources.  This has been pointed out to you on multiple occasions, yet you persist in attempts to blame the developer based on a poor layman's understanding of how the OS and the applications running on it relate to each other.  I watch couatl.exe with monitoring programs like Process Lasso and, once loaded, it doesn't even use enough CPU on its own to come up on the active processes list most of the time.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

50 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

If you suspect GSX or its dependencies is affecting your setup, I would uninstall GSX and do a test.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

53 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

An user on our forum already debunked this theory: he uninstalled GSX and reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager so, Couatl was still running.

And he confirmed the blurries were GONE. Yes, WITH.Couatl.running. Clearly proving (as it wasn't already obvious), that it doesn't have anything to do with blurries.

Anyone find a solution that works?  I deleted GSX level 2 but now don't have an old version of GSX to get it to work right and the only download they have is the latest version with level 2 included. I have tried all the ideas in this email and the one on GSX forum.  I would love to go back to prior to purchasing GSX level 2 when everything was working great. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darcy

7 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Anyone find a solution that works?  I deleted GSX level 2 but now don't have an old version of GSX to get it to work right and the only download they have is the latest version with level 2 included. I have tried all the ideas in this email and the one on GSX forum.  I would love to go back to prior to purchasing GSX level 2 when everything was working great. Any help would be appreciated.

All FSDT product can be downloaded on the FSDT website.  Look on the GSX product page.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes I did and the download from the product page is the latest 2.5.0.5.

Thanks

Darcy

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18432.30.html

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.0.html

Umberto's solution to my problem, discussed in the first link, is that I should wipe my system, reinstall windows, reinstall sim, etc. etc. This is his solution for someone that had no problems before downloading and installing the latest GSX. I don't even have words for the type of person that would suggest something so moronic.

My better solution: system restore from a disk image made the day prior to installing the new GSX - problem solved.

In short, my issue was such: start sim and load into default scenario (Eglin, F22), once loaded, change airport to FSDT KJFK, once loaded, change airport to FSDT KCLT...typically on the third airport load, progress would creep slowly to 36-37%, where it would stay for about 5 min. then creep slowly to 69-70%, where it would sit for another several min., then slowly to to 100% with long pauses to load weather, and traffic (which I have set to none) - total time for last airport load about 10 min.

I can run the same scenario at any series of airports, P3D, or addon, as long as it's not FSDT airport, and this problem doesn't exist...but of course, it's not related to any FSDT product...and if you don't believe me, just ask Umberto.

To make sure I hadn't lost my mind, I just did a test: load default scenario (Eglin, F-22), FB KBOS, Orbx KEGE, FT KTPA, Orbx KPSP, FB KSFO, DD KSEA, UK2000 EGLL - all loaded fine with no delays.

I'd be curious if those that have the blurries, would also experience my issue if you tried loading several FSDT airports, one after the other?

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I find myself wondering what this test demonstrates, really.  I believe that Umberto has said that there's code in the FSDT scenery manager that requests destruction of objects when you fly away from an FSDT airport...could it be that load, location change, reload, location change, reload...etc is an artificiality that is piling up active scenery objects in memory without ever activating the trigger (flying away and out of range) that causes them to be destroyed/deleted from memory?  Seems that might explain it, but it's only a guess on my part.

To put it into perspective, we see serious anomalies in add-on aircraft panel function when they are sequentially loaded, as well.  In fact, PMDG's panel software actually warns you if you try loading one of their panels after running another non-default aircraft, including one of their own.

Most of the add-ons we use, including some of the best stuff out there, are still subject to the vagaries of the platform we're running them on.  Those developers aren't NASA, with a giant staff of validators and testers available to put tens or hundreds of thousands of man-hours into testing every conceivable way the software might be used and/or misused.  The idea is supposed to be to load an acft at an airport, then fly to another and land, I think.  Plenty of work is involved right there to try and iron out issues within the scope of the intended mainstream usage scenarios.  We accept that use of our best aircraft add-ons comes with limitations--loaded after a default acft, no sequential loading, no use as the default acft, for example--why would it be such a foul to recognize and accept the same sort of limitations with scenery (e.g. don't sequentially load and reload sceneries just as we don't sequentially load add-on acft)?

A rational discussion of what might or might not be going on--and why--is far more useful than trying to drive home the point that the developer has gotten it all wrong because if I reload the airport eight times in a row and then try to fly the ILS approach inverted, the dynamic light cones on the ramp don't work right.  That doesn't help Joe Average get his problem understood or solved.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

It's undesirable, nevertheless.

But no, I my case I have the blurries out of the first airport, like five or ten minutes right away. It will get progressively blurred to the point of being totally flat, molten thing.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I can now confirm that with GSX 2 deleted I can fly with no blurries and cpu does not max out.  I would at least like to have the orginal GSX back so I can  get that working until someone comes up with a fix for this.  Anyone know where I can get the GSX version prior to 2.5.0.5?  I miss it already.

Thanks, 

Darcy