Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

26 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The most important word of your sentence is, in fact, the IF. If this happened to everyone, than yes, you could say it's the "result" of upgrading GSX.

Yes, it is. We already used GSX L2 jetways to update JFK2, and we'll shortly do the same for all the older airports. 

Those are only the additional *optional* features, which you are supposed to pay, but, in addition to GSX Level 2, we also updated GSX. Nobody noticed the new human voices for Pushback and Deice users has been asking for years, for example ? These are part of the core GSX product, so they are free to existing users.

This it's just like any other of our software updates and, as of today, they were always mandatory. If you wanted to use KCLT, you had to install GSX, and the same is valid for KIAH, KSDF, KMEM, KLAS. All our airport updates since last year, when we started using SODE, require GSX.

This is JUST a new GSX installer. The paid part is irrelevant to the fact you still must install it to use the airports.

The alternative would have been saying:

"Wait 6 months to have all the other FSDT sceneries updated to SODE jetways"

OR

"These sceneries are old, we'll support SODE only in the upcoming ones"

Instead, thanks to the new easy to use editor (which is easy to use for us too! ) we could probably take weeks instead of months to update all the older sceneries because, fact they are old doesn't mean they shouldn't be left outdated.

Well, this is good to hear, and I'm sure this is what happens to the vast majority of users (we had several *thousands* downloads just the first day...). That doesn't mean we'll not continue to investigate why blurries happens to those that reported them.

Umberto, what I wanted to point out (in that post) was that despite my concerns about upgrading to GSX v2, so far I don't see the blurries that some attribute to GSX. I was just a bit dramatic.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes, your timing is impeccable.  You got rid of the 4.2 thread right as I was responding to him 🙂

Right as I hit "reply" it popped up that Poppet had replied 🙂

It's ok, I responded via PM to him.  

On topic, I will say that I have noticed P3Dv4.3 seems to handle texture loading differently than P3D4.2.  I think Gerard and others already have noted this as well in other threads.  I can say that what worked for me in 4.2, does not work as well for me in 4.3 as it relates to blurries.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

Are those getting blurries after installing GSX Level 2 also using Unlimited FPS setting in P3D? 

Yes and No, it continues nevertheless.

Prior to updating GSX (I did NOT buy Level 2 - but I updated as requested by the Live Update - and this apparently turned me a Level 2 Trial User) I used to have Unlimited FPS within P3D (but locked to 30 within NVI) for ages, and never had a blurry during that time.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

hi,

I don't think GSX is causing the blurries. Many users (and me) are reporting blurries since the last P3D 4.3 version upgrade, and most of them are related to PhotoReal tiles. As you know, many airports are using PR to displays the most accurate depiction of them. Blurries showed his face way before GSX upgrade. Do a search and you will find many topics about them. Try to fly over generic tiles (not PR) and you will not have any blurries. Fly over PR sceneries and you will see the problem. We will have to wait for LM to solves this (I hope) in the next P3D version.

Mike

It may not cause the blurries but for me I had no problems until I installed GSX 2.  I disable it and the blurries disappear.  Very repeatable.

Darcy

48 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

hi,

I don't think GSX is causing the blurries. Many users (and me) are reporting blurries since the last P3D 4.3 version upgrade, and most of them are related to PhotoReal tiles. As you know, many airports are using PR to displays the most accurate depiction of them. Blurries showed his face way before GSX upgrade. Do a search and you will find many topics about them. Try to fly over generic tiles (not PR) and you will not have any blurries. Fly over PR sceneries and you will see the problem. We will have to wait for LM to solves this (I hope) in the next P3D version.

Mike

I think you didn't read the topic, it has nothing to do with what you talk about.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

it seem there is no problem when you fly to a gsxl2 airport, now when come from a gsxL2 airport the problem appear, i saw that for my two flight, and some peronn on fsdt forum saw that too

Frédéric Giraud

43 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

it seem there is no problem when you fly to a gsxl2 airport, now when come from a gsxL2 airport the problem appear, i saw that for my two flight, and some peronn on fsdt forum saw that too

I noticed something in this direction as well, haven't tested much, but one thing is for certain: taking off from FSDT airport triggered the issue. Taking off from another addon airport by other developer didn't trigger the issue.

And of course it won't happen locally, one has to fly away from the departing point in order to start accumulating the blurries.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

seems  strange  that  this  issue  with  blurries  was  around  way  before gsx level  2   even  came  out,  maybe  the blurries  was  there  all  along   and  when  some  mentioned  it  everyone  starts  looking  for  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nope this is new and the blurries are very noticable and the cpu maxes out.

Darcy

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

seems  strange  that  this  issue  with  blurries  was  around  way  before gsx level  2   even  came  out,  maybe  the blurries  was  there  all  along   and  when  some  mentioned  it  everyone  starts  looking  for  it

Impossible. This is so evident.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I think you didn't read the topic, it has nothing to do with what you talk about.

I don't have any FSDT airports, so I can't talk about it, and can't test the behavior you are talking about. I trust you on that one. My point is, some users are talking about blurries since GSX2 has been installed, but we know this problem was there before GSX2. Perhaps the installation of GSX2 is just adding a few more of that known problem...  Taking off from FSDT airport triggering the issue is a new one...

Mike

4 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

I don't have any FSDT airports, so I can't talk about it, and can't test the behavior you are talking about. I trust you on that one. My point is, some users are talking about blurries since GSX2 has been installed, but we know this problem was there before GSX2. Perhaps the installation of GSX2 is just adding a few more of that known problem...  Taking off from FSDT airport triggering the issue is a new one...

Mike

Alright. I even think that the outcome might be the same in terms of lack of CPU power to render the textures (and maybe autogen), but certainly in this case, the vast majority of reports here are really triggered by GSX Level 2 update. In my case I just updated because it was kinda mandatory, otherwise I'd still be happy as ever, since I never planned on buying the version 2, it's features are absolutely not important to me.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Impossible. This is so evident.

nothing  impossible  even I know  that must  be  2  sets of  blurries  than  p3d  ones  and   gsxv2  ones

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg