Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

1 minute ago, westman said:

I have no Problems, have tested both my sim pc.s one with 8700k @5.3 and 7920X @5.1 ( run 10 cores no ht free up some more L3 cashe per core, it run better then the 8700k)

Gpu have 2x1080ti on both systems in SLI

Sorry I am confused, are not you suffering from blurries? if so please enable HT and try again.. I have been collecting data and every single user suffering from this had HT disabled.

S.

It is very important to stress that these are not the blurries that people have been having. I had those with different hardware. These are extreme blurries that make your sim unflyable.

Symptoms include:

• Complete loss of ground textures and autogen shortly after departure
  • If you try to refresh the scenery, it takes 10 minutes to load and quickly disappears again
  • When you arrive at your destination, their airport will likely be black polygon on the ground
  • 100% usage on all cores
  • When you start a flight, building and AI textures load very slowly. An example was the flight I started at SDF - the building textures downtown never loaded. They stayed black. I had a SWA737 two gates away that appeared black every time I looked at it It took about 1 minute for the textures to show up, but they disappeared as soon as you turned away

All of this is on a system that has been running very will for the past two months. Point here is these blurries have never been there.

Specs are in my sig, and I'm not running affinity mask. HT is enabled. I think TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120 is the only thing I have edited in my .cfg. I have a few ORBX regions, Global Base and NA LC. I have a lot of add on airports - almost all of the major airports in the US, Caribbean and Central America along with many major airports throughout the world. Almost all of my flights are done with ASP4 RW weather, ProATCX, the NGX, and UTL. I was using PTA as well, with one of the REX presets ..

Now, I have completed two successful flights in the past 24 hours. Performance was completely back to normal. First flight was MSP-SLC (Flightbeam/PIS) and the second flight was LGA-RDU (Imaginesim/LatinVFR). I'll note that on takeoff from LGA's RWY31, Manhattan was fully loaded in all its glory even with cloud cover. I had NO texture loading issues. The flight was beautiful.

Unfortunately, I took several steps, so I can't tell you want made the difference. I

• Cleared the scenery index folder
  • Cleared shaders (now using default, no PTA)
  • Checked RTT in the addon manager
  • Uninstalled GSX from the control panel (makes most of FSDT's airport unusable, because they require the GSX in as least the trial mode to work)

Edited by duckbilled
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 minute ago, duckbilled said:

Uninstalled GSX from the control panel (makes most of FSDT's airport unusable, because they require the GSX in as least the trial mode to work)

You should have tried, instead, what I suggested on our forum: going in the GSX Control Panel and restore the default jetways. This seems so far the best solution for those affected. It doesn't, by any means, imply this is our final solution. This is only the FIRST step in eventually finding a fix, because it seems related to having replaced jetways with the higher quality models.

We still don't know if the issue is "just" they have much higher resolution than default's, or it's the replacement process *itself* that cause the issue, but it's a start. In the next days, we'll try to prepare a lower resolution set of jetway textures, in 2K or 1K, and see if it makes any difference.

34 minutes ago, simbol said:

Sorry I am confused, are not you suffering from blurries? if so please enable HT and try again.. I have been collecting data and every single user suffering from this had HT disabled.

S.

The 8700K is with HTon the I9 7920X HToff, 7920x is a 12core/24 tread cpu i run it with 2cores disabled in bios , get higher OC  and more free  L3 cash for each core, it performs very well in P3D-4.3 , CB15 2100 multi and 228 single , wy one of the ASUS RD give me a hint , they benchmark DX11 apps like that easy way to get higher bandwith on the cores that work hard.

NO blurries , have tested the 8700K with HT ON and OFF loadtimes is better with on but not as god as the 7920X with HT off

Edited by westman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You should have tried, instead, what I suggested on our forum: going in the GSX Control Panel and restore the default jetways. This seems so far the best solution for those affected. It doesn't, by any means, imply this is our final solution. This is only the FIRST step in eventually finding a fix, because it seems related to having replaced jetways with the higher quality models.

We still don't know if the issue is "just" they have much higher resolution than default's, or it's the replacement process *itself* that cause the issue, but it's a start. In the next days, we'll try to prepare a lower resolution set of jetway textures, in 2K or 1K, and see if it makes any difference.

Thank's. I'll reinstall, and see what happens.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

As a user affected by the blurries, do you reckon it would be sufficient for a test if i batch convert the textures of the jetways i used for my airport and resize them down to 2k or 1k and try again? Or are there more steps involved that only you as a dev can perform?

If its just a matter of downsizing (the correct) textures, i can run a test tonight and let you know. If you can tell me which textures are the right ones for FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC3_XX_XX jetways (in default color). CFG's seem to be pointing to the static jetway textures, but i want to be sure

Edited by Woozie

4 minutes ago, Woozie said:

As a user affected by the blurries, do you reckon it would be sufficient for a test if i batch convert the textures of the jetways i used for my airport and resize them down to 2k or 1k and try again? Or are there more steps involved that only you as a dev can perform?

Yes, as a test, you can surely do that.

They will just look much worse that the ones we could do, since you would have to uncompress from .DDS, resize them and compress back to .DDS, with a sure loss of quality (even tools that resized .DDS directly, will still uncompress/decompress in ram), while we can regenerate them directly from their original source.

So yes, good for a test and, if it gives good result, we might offer resized texture sets as an optional download.

4 minutes ago, Woozie said:

If its just a matter of downsizing (the correct) textures, i can run a test tonight and let you know. If you can tell me which textures are the right ones for FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC3_XX_XX jetways (in default color). CFG's seem to be pointing to the static jetway textures, but i want to be sure

You'll find basically all jetway textures in the FSDT_SODE_Jetway_static.TEXTURE folder and their texture.BLUE, texture.CYAN, etc, variant.

You might save some time by resizing only textures for the automatic replacement jetways, which use only the default (grey) TEXTURE folder, and 4 textures named

FSDT_TB_JW_D.DDS

FSDT_TB_JW_D_LM.DDS

FSDT_TB_JW_N.DDS

FSDT_TB_JW_S.DDS

cheers Umberto, i'll give it a try

Just one thing, as i followed your troubleshooting steps already, i disabled RTT and replaced the addon.xml with the one you posted in your forum (the one with the texture entry removed). What would make more sense for this test? Reverting all the changes or leave it as it is?

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

As mentioned, I

• Cleared the scenery index folder
  • Cleared shaders (now using default, no PTA)
  • Checked RTT in the addon manager
  • Uninstalled GSX from the control panel

After your previous message, I reinstalled GSX. It is now active along with all of my other FSDT products. I'd like to recreate a flight out of SDF for a test. What other steps do I need to take before the flight aside from checking Disable RTT? These threads are getting a little confusing. Run live Update? Scenery Index folder? Shaders? xml? I used the full installer from the FSDT website and I downloaded it 6:03 PM EDT yesterday.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, simbol said:

I have a question for you, did you update at the same your Nvidia drivers? maybe that is the source of the problem instead of GSX.

It seems to me that such blurries are a sign of rendering issues due to the video card lack of bandwidth to process everything at the selected refresh rate, so it would be important to record DATA in order to troubleshoot the problem, such data should be:

• Video Card model and memory.
  • Video Card Nvidia drivers.
  • CPU Model and Speed.
  • Are you using Nvidia control panel yes or no?.
  • If using Nvidia control panel, what settings are in use?.
  • P3D Settings.
  • List of add-on's in use during the symptoms.
  • Snapshot of system temperatures during the symptoms.
  • Snapshot of system resources during the symptoms.

We can use this data to compare across people experiencing the problem with the ones that don't and have a better understanding of the cause, my guess is that this is due to hardware or driver issues. 

Regards,
Simbol

I updated video drivers, but I didn's see anyone else whining about this, so at first I don't suspect on it.

Even though we can do what you say, and I agree it's interesting, my experience tells that the behaviour is due to CPU overload, this is quite clear, and to me it's something running within GSXv2 that is causing this overload.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

@virtuali

Ok so I reduced the 4k jetway textures to 2k (32 textures in that folder, i didnt touch the 2k and 1k textures), reverted the replacement addon.xml (back to the original one with the texture entry) and enabled RTT. Thats to ensure i'm using the same settings as last time it happened. The only difference is that i have deleted my scenery index and shader folder inbetween the two identical flights. 

A few specs first

i7-8700k / GTX1080 / 16 gb RAM / Win10

P3D4.3 / GSX Level 2 (updated today) / FSL A319 / AS & ASCA / ENVSHADE / no reshade or tomato shade

from LSZH to LEAM 

(Aerosoft Zurich P3Dv4, Terminal A jetways replaced with GSX L2 Sode jetways) / (Pilot's LEAM P3Dv4, no gates at all - only stairs)

I'd like to emphasize again that, pre-GSX-L2, P3D4.3 was amazingly stable on my system, not a single CTD and no other major issues. It was running smooth with a comfortable performance headroom, no texture loading issues and there are no crazy tweaks in my p3d.cfg. Also im running HT off and no AF.

I did the complete GSX preflight procedure, no issues apart from a 1 second lag approx every 5 seconds which starts a few minutes into boarding....the lag is not related to any camera movement and its not isolated to GSX objects, other moving objects on the airport are affected as well. It continues for a few more minutes before it vanishes and everything is smooth again, and thats before GSX boarding is completed. The same thing happened on my first flight a few days ago, and it also started a few mins into GSX boarding and stopped a few mins before boarding was completed. My passenger density was set to dense on both flights.  

As LSZH VEBIT departure requires an immediate 270 degree turn after take off, it takes you right over the airport. When i switched to outside view, the entire Airport Scenery was black and it took about 10 seconds for all the textures to load. Whats interesting, and this may only be a coincidence, is that terminal A, where i had my GSX SODE jetways installed, was last to load and it took about 3 or 4 seconds more than the rest of the scenery. It doesnt seem to be the most complex building in the scenery, so this may be a clue. I know that theres always an odd texture or two that takes a second to load when switching views, but i've never seen it to this extend and duration.

About 50 minutes into the flight the whole mess started (again). CPU went up to 100% (P3D.exe was at about 95% eating up whatever was left) and the plane started to behave erratically due a massive lag of several secconds. It then goes back to normal but CPU remains at 100% and thats where the scenery starts to get blurry, which is to be expected with such a CPU load. Contrary to the usual blurries which will go away after putting the sim into pause and let the render task catch up., those blurrys wont go away as the CPU remains on full load. I force quit the COUATL task and P3Ds CPU usage decreased slightly, but was still unusually high.

I saved the flight and quit the sim. Now there's another remarkable observation: When I reloaded the flight right after i quit the sim, my CPU was back at around 100% again once the flight was loaded, really weird. Although i didnt reboot my system inbetween, so this may have been caused by a hanging process or similar. Will load the flight again tomorrow after a fresh boot. 

If i have time tomorrow i'll run the same flight with GSX disabled as the issue seems to be reproducable. 

BTW; my couatl.log doesnt show anything out of the ordinary, although i was a bit surprised it indicates gates being loaded when i flew over LSGG (i dont own any scenery for LSGG btw), i thought GSX doesnt load anything while above 10000 feet?

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

@virtuali

Ok so I reduced the 4k jetway textures to 2k (32 textures in that folder, i didnt touch the 2k and 1k textures), reverted the replacement addon.xml (back to the original one with the texture entry) and enabled RTT. Thats to ensure i'm using the same settings as last time it happened. The only difference is that i have deleted my scenery index and shader folder inbetween the two identical flights. 

BTW; my couatl.log doesnt show anything out of the ordinary, although i was a bit surprised it indicates gates being loaded when i flew over LSGG (i dont own any scenery for LSGG btw), i thought GSX doesnt load anything while above 10000 feet?

Any errors in your system event viewer during the time of the event occurred?

• Like 1

André

I never fly to default scenerys at all so i can relative and without hesitating disable GSXL2 SODE replacements from the GSX control panel right ?.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yesterday I reinstalled GSX and tested it out with the SDF-SAN flight (NGX) I mentioned earlier. This time, however, disable RTT was checked. While it was better than before, there were multiple and frequent pauses when panning. AI textures were still loading slow.

I took off from RWY11 and made a right turn back towards the Ohio river. When I looked out the right side after the turn, the buildings in Downtown Louisville were gone.

I let the flight run for a while to see if there were blur issues, and the ground textures did seem to hold. Still, I was getting little pauses constantly and the sim was performing poorly. I looked at cpu usage and we were still at 100%. Keep in mind that I am at FL350, over western Kansas and there isn't a cloud in the sky. I disabled GSX in the addons menu, and my cpu usage instantly dropped to ~60-70%. I re-enabled and it when back up, disabled and it went back down. Not sure why GSX should be taking any resources 35,000 ft above Kansas.

Later in the evening I did the LGA-RDU flight again with GSX disabled. Beautiful flight. Sure, I do get a small FPS hit when I'm climbing out over NYC but this sim is smooth. CPU usage during this flight was normal. GSX was disabled for the entire flight. I had the same performance as when I only had GSX1 installed.

Edited by duckbilled
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Yesterday I reinstalled GSX and tested it out with the SDF-SAN flight (NGX) I mentioned earlier. This time, however, disable RTT was checked. While it was better than before, there were multiple and frequent pauses when panning. AI textures were still loading slow.

I took off from RWY11 and made a right turn back towards the Ohio river. When I looked out the right side after the turn, the buildings in Downtown Louisville were gone.

I let the flight run for a while to see if there were blur issues, and the ground textures did seem to hold. Still, I was getting little pauses constantly and the sim was performing poorly. I looked at cpu usage and we were still at 100%. Keep in mind that I am at FL350, over western Kansas and there isn't a cloud in the sky. I disabled GSX in the addons menu, and my cpu usage instantly dropped to ~60-70%. I re-enabled and it when back up, disabled and it went back down. Not sure why GSX should be taking any resources 35,000 ft above Kansas.

Later in the evening I did the LGA-RDU flight again with GSX disabled. Beautiful flight. Sure, I do get a small FPS hit when I'm climbing out over NYC but this sim is smooth. CPU usage during this flight was normal. GSX was disabled for the entire flight. I had the same performance as when I only had GSX1 installed.

Duck,

Just for my own interest, do you have Hyper Threading (HT) enabled or disabled?

Regards

S.

• Like 1