Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

6 hours ago, SteveW said:

I'm not sure why you do that but:

We don't clean that folder since it is not dirty - unless we corrupted it or did something weird or added in some kind of shader altering code gone horribly wrong. Even a new driver for the GPU means nothing unless some function has been added, and then a new version of P3D will come out to add it and the relevant shaders will be flagged for re-building.

So now your system has to build 50,000 identical files.

Guys - unless you know you need to delete those files leave them alone.

I thought cleaning the shaders folder was a best practice in the p3d world? I remember reading some people do this before every flight.. Why does it accumulate 50,000+ files.. It looks like your temporary internet files folder which keeps swelling up with all that info and needs to be cleaned often.. 

My thought process was when I was switching views to wing view and back, it was searching thru 50,000 files to pick the right shader and thus the lag.. When it  only has 600 files to search, it's able to load the wing textures instantly.. 

I have no knowledge about this, just trying to connect the dots.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

6 hours ago, awf said:

Vinod maybe your on to something since I have ezdok too, I will test without chase plane 😉

Tested with EZDOK same flight and approaching EHAM the sim was one blurriness and timed out never seen this before...

Looks almost a memory leak or a conflict, tomorrow same flight without GSX then one with another aircraft.

André

7 minutes ago, vin747 said:

I thought cleaning the shaders folder was a best practice in the p3d world? I remember reading some people do this before every flight.. Why does it accumulate 50,000+ files.. It looks like your temporary internet files folder which keeps swelling up with all that info and needs to be cleaned often.. 

My thought process was when I was switching views to wing view and back, it was searching thru 50,000 files to pick the right shader and thus the lag.. When it  only has 600 files to search, it's able to load the wing textures instantly.. 

I have no knowledge about this, just trying to connect the dots.. 

Yes I do realise some people even put a batch to work deleting them every day - maybe they have some dodgy software corrupting them so they are advised to do it - whatever.

There's a folder contains the files that define the shaders which is built into lightweight code, the files you delete. Those definitions and rebuilding takes longer than finding a file in 50,000. If you understand how computers work you will already know that's a small number and a minute search. Since these are accesses through a mechanism called a binary tree that can do it in 12 iterations.

So in short it's faster to read the undeleted files.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...Say when you get an update from LM - requires they are rebuilt? Well, if there are ones that require refreshing they are flagged during the update and get rebuilt automatically when next encountered in the sim. So there's no need to do that either. Unless you installed something that requires that its own adjustments are rebuilt and says so in the instructions. In that case the software should naturally look at the P3D version and decide, but it's maybe not certain in some circumstances.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

FSDT forced an update on a perfectly working GSXL1.  Now its been a blurry nightmare and 100% CPU utilization on all cores shortly after departure and until the sim is no longer flyable. P3D will fail to close properly as well. Uninstalling GSX completely has been the only solution that has returned everything back to normal, except my FSDT KLAS is unusable without GSX. I mean come on! What is this? I give up with FSDT, couatl nonesense and forcing us to use GSX, even though I paid for it, I value KLAS far more.  

Flytampa needs to release KLAS now. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

33 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

FSDT forced an update on a perfectly working GSXL1.  Now its been a blurry nightmare and 100% CPU utilization on all cores shortly after departure and until the sim is no longer flyable. P3D will fail to close properly as well. Uninstalling GSX completely has been the only solution that has returned everything back to normal, except my FSDT KLAS is unusable without GSX. I mean come on! What is this? I give up with FSDT, couatl nonesense and forcing us to use GSX, even though I paid for it, I value KLAS far more.  

Flytampa needs to release KLAS now. 

No need to uninstall anything...Just launch FSDT GSX Control Panel.exe then Restore default jetways. Done!

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

35 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

No need to uninstall anything...Just launch FSDT GSX Control Panel.exe then Restore default jetways. Done!

Richard

Did you, thereafter, try to depart from KSDF or KMEM and check if the blurries will appear after, say, 30 minutes?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

23 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Did you, thereafter, try to depart from KSDF or KMEM and check if the blurries will appear after, say, 30 minutes?

By reading your question I just understood that among those who have blurries problems , there are the owners of FSDT airports and those who do not, of which I am a part.

Sorry, my answer about restoring default jetways was probably not appropriate in your case...but in mine.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 9/10/2018 at 11:17 AM, somiller said:

In short, my issue was such: start sim and load into default scenario (Eglin, F22), once loaded, change airport to FSDT KJFK, once loaded, change airport to FSDT KCLT...typically on the third airport load, progress would creep slowly to 36-37%, where it would stay for about 5 min. then creep slowly to 69-70%, where it would sit for another several min., then slowly to to 100% with long pauses to load weather, and traffic (which I have set to none) - total time for last airport load about 10 min.

I can run the same scenario at any series of airports, P3D, or addon, as long as it's not FSDT airport, and this problem doesn't exist...but of course, it's not related to any FSDT product...and if you don't believe me, just ask Umberto.

To make sure I hadn't lost my mind, I just did a test: load default scenario (Eglin, F-22), FB KBOS, Orbx KEGE, FT KTPA, Orbx KPSP, FB KSFO, DD KSEA, UK2000 EGLL - all loaded fine with no delays.

I'd be curious if those that have the blurries, would also experience my issue if you tried loading several FSDT airports, one after the other?

FWIW, I traced the cause of this issue on my system to having the TrafficAircraft.bgl in scenery\world\scenery reinstalled without my knowledge, probably when I did the Content or Scenery module upgrade to v4.3.  Having that bgl active together with UtLive and GSX v1 caused the hang at 36%, but only at JFK.  Disabling it (again) solved the hang.  I had renamed it to TrafficAircraft.bgl.off when I installed UtLive back on P3D v4.1.  Really odd, this one, as my traffic sliders were all set to zero.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Richard

Did not work for me. I tried everything Umberto suggested but nothing works. I wasted several days troubleshooting. FSDT needs to fix this, or I think I've had it with them. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I just landed at KCLT coming from KBWI, no blurries since the origin of the flight wasn't a FSDT airport nor had a so called GSX Jetway (I didn't buy GSX Level 2 and I restored the so called original jetways). I used the boarding and pushback features of GSX though, together with GSX marshalling at arrival. Now, even though I haven't seen blurries I noticed some delay in loading some textures at KCLT, notably the baggage vehicles. I was never that bad before.

EDIT: I'm totally empty of jetways now on the FSDT airports, which previously at least had CTRL+J jetways, now they're completely static. FSDT could make us a favour and separate GSX v1 and Level 2, so that the ones satisfied with version one could operate peacefully, unchanged.

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I had this blurry thing and  found that restoring a previous copy of prepar3d.cfg, before installing GSX 2 , fixed my p3d build. The problem arrise from GSX Level 2 adding some lines to your p3d.cfg as was doing before. Just take a look at your addon manager p3d cfg option, under addons, and set to default.

This is how I got rid of blurries, and got all my edited jetways intact without having to reset them. 

Hope that helps

Gumerson

2 hours ago, Gumerson said:

The problem arrise from GSX Level 2 adding some lines to your p3d.cfg as was doing before. Just take a look at your addon manager p3d cfg option, under addons, and set to default.

GSX Level 2 doesn't add anything to the prepar3d.cfg file.

The Addon Manager *can* add something to it, if you explicitly enable a tweak in the tweaks section AND press Save to save it. It's part of the tweaking section of the Addon Manager which has been there for years and, since long ago, we updated it to require each single tweak to be enabled, before being able to save anything in the simulator .CFG file.

Edited by virtuali

I had this same problem as well, doing a flight, when I started to notice my textures were pretty blurry after a while.

I also noticed the CPU was at a 100%, when I closed the couatl.exe engine, my CPU dropped with 40-50%

1 hour ago, StevenN said:

I had this same problem as well, doing a flight, when I started to notice my textures were pretty blurry after a while.

I also noticed the CPU was at a 100%, when I closed the couatl.exe engine, my CPU dropped with 40-50%

This very strange, usually Couatl should take about 5% of a single core, when it's doing something complex (creating or finding objects, calculating paths for vehicles, rebuilding the airport cache), and less than 1% of a single core in normal operations.

If you can replicate this consistently, I would like to have a teamviewer session with you and have a look. PM-me to arrange it.

Edited by virtuali