Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

Airlines.cfg airlines list?

Is there by chance a download for an airlines.cfg file that contains all (or most) airlines? I thought I saw one a while back but I can't seem to find it now.

Are you using a version of EditVoicePack with your Sim.  If not, then having a huge list in the airlines.cfg file will be of little use to you.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Are you using a version of EditVoicePack with your Sim.  If not, then having a huge list in the airlines.cfg file will be of little use to you.

No, I'm not. I had a long list on my other computer for when I was flying and it worked. ATC called out both my callsign as well as AI callsigns perfectly fine.

Adding airlines to the airlines.cfg won't make the sim know how to say them unless they are part of the default voicepack. Editvoicepack is the way to go.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 9/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, Dave_YVR said:

Adding airlines to the airlines.cfg won't make the sim know how to say them unless they are part of the default voicepack. Editvoicepack is the way to go.

That’s interesting, because I never had EditVoicePack and I had tons of airlines names in the cry, and ATC never had any issues. Of course, ones like JetBlue or Speedbird had to be put in as “Jet Blue” and “Speed Bird” to be recognized but ATC still recognized them. I guess I could just manually input them. I have some already and it’s working fine without EVP. 

6 hours ago, SoloPilot said:

That’s interesting, because I never had EditVoicePack and I had tons of airlines names in the cry, and ATC never had any issues. Of course, ones like JetBlue or Speedbird had to be put in as “Jet Blue” and “Speed Bird” to be recognized but ATC still recognized them. I guess I could just manually input them. I have some already and it’s working fine without EVP. 

It’s possible that all the airlines you have installed match what the FSX voice pack already has, but the FSX voice pack doesn’t have ALL the possible call signs. I run UT2 and some WOAI and there are lots of airlines that ATC calls by only flight number as the call sign isn’t included in the FSX voice pack. It’s only a matter of time before you encounter this if you have tons of AI installed that cover airlines from all over the world.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

It’s possible that all the airlines you have installed match what the FSX voice pack already has, but the FSX voice pack doesn’t have ALL the possible call signs. I run UT2 and some WOAI and there are lots of airlines that ATC calls by only flight number as the call sign isn’t included in the FSX voice pack. It’s only a matter of time before you encounter this if you have tons of AI installed that cover airlines from all over the world.

oh okay, that makes more sense. thank you.