Sign in to follow this  
shant592

P3D V4.3 and AA/Blurries/Jaggies

Alright I need some solid expert help here.  I got V4.3.  Im Running

-GTX1080

-Intel I7

-27" UHD Display

I feel like I have a pretty good setup and the AA in my sim is killing me.  Jagged/Blurry edges especially on runways.

To Use NI or Not?  Im hearing so many mixed things.  Played with all kinds of settings and cant for the life of me see any improvement.  Ill even take the help of someone who want to teamviewer in.  I just need a second set of eyes on this. 

Also from tower view, getting flashing/shimmering textures.

Setting AA in NI is pointless. In P3D, use 8x MSAA when there's lots of dynamic lighting at play (e.g., at night) and switch to 4x SSAA during the day. I have a 1080 and this generally works for me. Unfortunately, that's as good as it gets right now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shant592 said:

Also from tower view, getting flashing/shimmering textures.

Agree with Alex.  For flashing/shimmering textures, the higher the SSAA the less you will see it.  In fact it should be totally gone with 8x SSAA but you might see a small reduction of FPS.  You state you have an i7 but what is the model?  i7 2600K, i7 8700K, etc.  P3D uses the CPU more than the GPU so your 1080 is not going to give you any perfection.  I have the 1080ti with the i7 8086K with each of the 6 cores overclocked to 5.0GHz and see all kinds of anomalies.  The blurries over MegaScenery (not the default or at FSDT/FlightBeam airports) being one thing and sometimes some minor shimmering depending on the view.  The only good thing is that I get great fps and smooth flights.  I have all of my graphic settings on the first page of the P3D settings maxed out.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Under 4k resolution performance is a bigger issue, I've noticed better visuals by setting things in NVI, but performance wise it's impractical, even with a highly overclocked 1080TI card.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto