Sign in to follow this  
surfcandy

Prepar3d v4 Known Issues

Are any of these known issues that cause problems(especially causing stuttering even with high fps 50fps+)with Prepar3d v4?

*  FSUIPC5's auto saves being re-loaded several times a gaming session

*Prepar3D' sim's(from drop down menu) SIMULATION SPEED INCREASE from 2x to 8x used alot of the times with loaded FSUIPC saves and regular long flights.

* Areosoft's new Airbus 318-319 Professional for PD3v4

I have made this a separate post in the hope that someone else has experience with these situations.

I haven't experienced any of this (same aircraft).

What you are describing can be affected by which hardware you run and what your graphics settings are.

1. Can you please post your detailed system specs?

2. Can you please take a screen shot of your P3D Graphics and World Settings?

3. Which weather engine are you using, and were you flying near any turbulance or thunderstorms?

4. Have you applies any tweaks for P3D or graphics drivers?

I'm betting this is hardware of settings.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The fsuipc causing stuttering was fixed by an fsuipc update. Make sure you have the latest. It was NOT caused by autosaves.  Autosaves does cause P3DV4 to crash in the middle of a flight though and I do not know if this issue was fixed.  I did have the issue with the stuttering and it was quite ugly but it was fixed by the developer as soon as it was discovered.  You should check frequently for updates to the fsuipc utility. I would not recommend using the autosave feature of the FSUIPC utility until it is fixed.  I have it disabled and have not experienced any of the issues you have shown in your OP.

I think your title should read something like "Known Issues with Add-ons to P3DV4" as it is not the fault of P3DV4.  If you have problems with an addon, you should go to the developer and look for a fix.  I'm sure Dave will be able to help you out if you have an issue with an Aerosoft product and P3D.

FSUIPC is loaded when you load P3DV4 via the dll.xml.  It is one of the many modules loaded depending on how many add-ons you have installed.  This is why AVSIM recommends you rename your dll.xml and let it rebuild when you have issues with P3DV4 as anyone of those modules could be causing an issue.  P3DV4 runs well without any add-ons but, when you start add-on things to it, the issues begin to happen, especially with P3DV4 as it is a 64-bit application and many try to manually install old incompatible scenery or aircraft. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I haven't experienced any of this (same aircraft).

What you are describing can be affected by which hardware you run and what your graphics settings are.

1. Can you please post your detailed system specs?

2. Can you please take a screen shot of your P3D Graphics and World Settings?

3. Which weather engine are you using, and were you flying near any turbulance or thunderstorms?

4. Have you applies any tweaks for P3D or graphics drivers?

I'm betting this is hardware of settings.

1)

i7-7700K CPU @4.20 GHz

Windows 10

Nvidia 1080Ti w/ 11GB

32 GB system memory ram

2)

http://Za33wpE.png

http://3WfKf7V.png

http://QjLC8tP.png

http://hOQrkOY.png

3)

Active Sky for P3Dv4 with Active Sky Cloud Art

4)

REX Sky Force 3D for P3Dv4, REX Worldwide Airports HD, PTA , (Envtex/Envshade very rarely and never with Rex Sky Force 3D).

* System drivers are all kept up to date and Registry cleaned out periodically.

All of the above were working and playing well together for several days. The problem occurred after loading alot of saves from FSUIPC and running the sim with the likes of PMDG 737 and Areosoft Airbus's complexity in a flight plan at 4x-8x increased sim speed. Maybe that did something or it was just the timing. I hope I can fix this otherwise it may very well happen again. Thanks.

Edited by surfcandy
correct url

@surfcandy

the redfags i see <----hope you're not a real surfer <g>

1) 4xssaa  -try 8xmsaa

2) Target Frame Rate at unlimited ...try 29, 30 or 31

3) Mesh at 1m ...try 5m

4) Autogen building density at very dense ...try medium -might be able to bump up your draw distance a click or two

5) shadow quality and draw distance at ultra ....try "high" or lower

There is a default selection in your P3D Graphics settings which allows you to take things back to what should be stable, and then you can adjust your resolutions, etc.

I also run with Unlimited Frame Rate, Triple Buffering and Nsync enabled and your hardware should run that extremely well.

Payware aircraft can not be run with the simulator above x4 speed, and accelerating the sim beyond that you're going to experience a variety of problems especially in the Aerosoft Airbus which is directly tied to the frame rate.

I agree that the issue is likely with FSUIPC.  Personally, I haven't used it to save flights for a very long time due to inherent issues with that (which Pete said was fixed, but I still don't do it).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

11 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

@surfcandy

the redfags i see <----hope you're not a real surfer <g>

1) 4xssaa  -try 8xmsaa

2) Target Frame Rate at unlimited ...try 29, 30 or 31

3) Mesh at 1m ...try 5m

4) Autogen building density at very dense ...try medium -might be able to bump up your draw distance a click or two

5) shadow quality and draw distance at ultra ....try "high" or lower

beat me to it

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is a default selection in your P3D Graphics settings which allows you to take things back to what should be stable, and then you can adjust your resolutions, etc.

I also run with Unlimited Frame Rate, Triple Buffering and Nsync enabled and your hardware should run that extremely well.

Payware aircraft can not be run with the simulator above x4 speed, and accelerating the sim beyond that you're going to experience a variety of problems especially in the Aerosoft Airbus which is directly tied to the frame rate.

I agree that the issue is likely with FSUIPC.  Personally, I haven't used it to save flights for a very long time due to inherent issues with that (which Pete said was fixed, but I still don't do it).

That's what I am thinking that the increased sim speeds along with a unstable save feature messed things up. I tried to lower settings and  "Delete Generated Files" with no luck the sim was already gone into stuttering mode.

How about REX Sky Force 3D for P3Dv4 any word on that new program and known documented stuttering issues?

Like you said FSUIPC and sim speeds could very well be the problem and I will avoid use of auto save in FSUIPC. How about using the single one time feature save in FSUIPC initiated by me? 

I need some type of save feature that works and doesn't break the game especially on long Trans- Atlantic flights.Thanks

On 9/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, surfcandy said:

* Areosoft's new Airbus 318-319 Professional for PD3v4

I have made this a separate post in the hope that someone else has experience with these situations.

Time compression is "not recommended" per their manual.  If you are seeing problems flying with time compression and those aircraft, that is probably the reason.

I have broken the rules and played around with 2x and a little bit of 4x, and didn't have any problems, but...they don't recommend it.  I don't use FSUIPC5's autosave feature.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB