Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX

That's nice! Maybe it's the XP aircraft whose FM I find more closely similar to DCS (compared to the DCS P-51, a similar aircraft). Even the stalls and spin seem very convincing, better than any other XP aircraft I tried. It has lots of prop torque, don't know if it's realistic or exaggerated compared to the real aircraft.

I would be curious to hear the opinion of @Von Target on its FM. 🙂

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

That's nice! Maybe it's the XP aircraft whose FM I find more closely similar to DCS (compared to the DCS P-51, a similar aircraft). Even the stalls and spin seem very convincing, better than any other XP aircraft I tried. It has lots of prop torque, don't know if it's realistic or exaggerated compared to the real aircraft.

I would be curious to hear the opinion of @Von Target on its FM. 🙂

I'm still on holidays, but about to return from Paradise to True Life 😕

Thnaksfully true life also brings sims back, so I am really eager to test this new Sptifire IX

I have had two approaches to it's modelling in FSX ( RealAir and A2A), the DCS version, the IL-2 Battles of Moscow version and now this freeware X-Plane 11 version …. Really looking fwd into it.

The recently released payware P51d is also one of my preferred aircraft add-ons ( prop ) for XP11, of the few I have used so far.

Edited by Von Target
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Von Target said:

I have had two approaches to it's modelling in FSX ( RealAir and A2A), the DCS version, the IL-2 Battles of Moscow version and now this freeware X-Plane 11 version …. Really looking fwd into it.

Had a look at it in Plane-Maker, looks like it's made to specs with correct geometry and controls (with some phase-out) and custom RoGs. The author did a good work. Maybe that, coupled with the improvements in XP flight model, produced a nice outcome.

(Italy just lost the football match with Portugal. We suck. 😁 )

Edited by Murmur

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

33 minutes ago, Murmur said:

(Italy just lost the football match with Portugal. We suck. 😁 )

oops 😒 didn't even think we were playing... but i've noticed a lot of guys watching footbal in the bar tv sets during the last days while i browse the sim forums 😁. I'm sorry for that.... guess now I understand why Ronaldo wasn't appointed for the game...

thanks for the notes on plane maker - it's great to know that x-plane seems to beclosing ibto an even better, more sound, flight simulation platform. we canhope for even better results once the upcoming fuselage aerodynamics, and other modifications make their way into 11.30!

Edited by Von Target

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...