Sign in to follow this  
rick_hang

Unable to save Flight plans in the FMC

Please help..

I am using Prepare 3DV4.3  Windows 10  64GB Ram  NVIDIA 6GB Video card  500GB SSD card   Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard  1200Watt Power

I have compiled a flight plan in the QW787-9 FMC, then I went to the INDEX then to INIT/REF and clicked on SAVE FLP.

Next the FMC issues a message that the Flight Plan has been saved,

However, it has not been saved at all, I checked the QW787 Directory where the flight plans should have gone, but they were NOT there.

When I had FSX-SE and QW 787 installed, I had no trouble at all to compile a flight plan and save it, also I could retrieve it from the REQUEST menu in the FMC.

Has anyone got this problem, its driving me crazy.

Regards

Richard

Do a full system search for the file name. I bet if you know where it's actually saving to, that will point you in the right direction to fix the problem.

13 hours ago, rick_hang said:

Please help..

I am using Prepare 3DV4.3  Windows 10  64GB Ram  NVIDIA 6GB Video card  500GB SSD card   Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard  1200Watt Power

I have compiled a flight plan in the QW787-9 FMC, then I went to the INDEX then to INIT/REF and clicked on SAVE FLP.

Next the FMC issues a message that the Flight Plan has been saved,

However, it has not been saved at all, I checked the QW787 Directory where the flight plans should have gone, but they were NOT there.

When I had FSX-SE and QW 787 installed, I had no trouble at all to compile a flight plan and save it, also I could retrieve it from the REQUEST menu in the FMC.

Has anyone got this problem, its driving me crazy.

Regards

Richard

Hello Richard.

After you string all the waypoints together, are you completing the flight plan, by including the perf init etc. and executing it? Then go over to the EFB and check you can initialise from there? I mean add all the weights and fuel, etc. Initialise it in the EFB and pass it back to the FMC, getting the "chime"? Then save it?

Try a flight plan from Sim Brief. They do an instant downloader which is also an installer. This program should place the flight plan into the correct folder. At least it works on my PC. P3dv4/QW/....Flight Plans. The Sim brief installer checks whats installed and where to install the plan.

Does your QW Flight Plans folder have a text file that says "place your flight plans here"?

Then check that the QW Flight Plan folder has full read/write permissions. Then exclude the entire folder from your anti virus program. Just in case it's interfering!

Regards

David

Hi David

Many thanks for your input, we changed the permission but no success so far,  Many thanks

Richard