Sign in to follow this  
darem

The Carenados

Some Carenado models offer the inclusion of another GTN750 model in their 3D cockpits. This is done by running a litle program that changes something in their panel.cfg files, I suppose.

Is it possible to modify these modifications in a way that the RXP GTN750 can be used instead?

Can I find a step-by-step tutorial how to do that? I am too illiterate with the configuration files to find it out myself.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'd say the first step would be to lobby Carenado in offering another GTN option. Nearly all their aircraft in X-Plane are pre-configured for RXP GTN / RXP GNS V2, and they have all the necessary files to do such 3D integration in their FltSim aircraft.

In the meantime, just follow the 'Get Started' chapter in the RXP User's Manual. TLDR:

Plugins | RXP GTN | Assistant | Replace

Illustrated in our forums:

Other options:

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Well, regarding the first method: this doesn't really work as described, so that's not much help. Screen stays black, sometimes P3D even crashes.

I'll try the second one.

1 hour ago, darem said:

Well, regarding the first method: this doesn't really work as described, so that's not much help. Screen stays black

Are you referring to the method consisting in using the Panel Assistant GUI to change the panel.cfg file, in replacing existing gauges with GTN's?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, RXP said:

Are you referring to the method consisting in using the Panel Assistant GUI to change the panel.cfg file, in replacing existing gauges with GTN's?

This one: 

The problem with it is that it first complains about the missing F1 dlls, and then, when you exchange the gauges as told, it either crashes P3D or it just adds a dead gauge.

In fact, I never ever since I bought the RXP GTN, I was able to replace an existing gauge with a working GTN. Things are fine if I use the 2D version, but apart from that, no success.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, darem said:

The problem with it is that it first complains about the missing F1 dlls

RXP doesn't require the use of F1 dlls. You may have another issue preventing you from replacing the gauges. Can you post the contents of your rxpgtn log files? There are 3 of them. They're located in you documents folder.

Edited by Bills511

11 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

RXP doesn't require the use of F1 dlls. You may have another issue preventing you from replacing the gauges. Can you post the contents of your rxpgtn log files? There are 3 of them. They're located in you documents folder.

Does the Carenado supplied  "F1GTN750PA42.exe" not look for an F1 GTN installation?  

I do not know the answer because I used the F1 GTN prior to upgrading to the RXP GTN, so I had the F1 package in place when running various Carenado configurator programs like the one above.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Removed

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:02 AM, darem said:

Some Carenado models offer the inclusion of another GTN750 model in their 3D cockpits. This is done by running a litle program that changes something in their panel.cfg files, I suppose.

Is it possible to modify these modifications in a way that the RXP GTN750 can be used instead?

Can I find a step-by-step tutorial how to do that? I am too illiterate with the configuration files to find it out myself.

Thanks!

I have read this topic now three times and do not see what aircraft you are attempting to configure with the RXP GTN.  The references to the Cheyenne III all appear to be in references by others to a method to try.

What specific aircraft are you wanting help with?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hi Folks,

I swapped out my F1 GTN for the RXP versions on just about all the Carenado aircraft I own... I just used the included Gauge Swapper utility that RXP included with their package... Worked like a champ... Of course you need to run the Carenado F1/GTN utility first to have the correct model to use... I don't think it looks for the actual F1 gauge... Yep - specific aircraft would probably help...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Does the Carenado supplied  "F1GTN750PA42.exe" not look for an F1 GTN installation?  

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I've never owned any f1 products and it never references any .dll files. All the F1GTN750PA42.exe does is change the aircraft .mdl file to include the necessary bezel and gauge position. And creates the panel.cfg for the f1 gauges. This is what RXP looks for when replacing the f1 for RXP.

Edited by Bills511

Ok, for example I am talking about the S 340.

I had the F1 GTN on my system, but uninstalled it prior to install the RXP gauges.

Now what I do:

I start the F1GTN750S340.exe in the aircraft folder.

Then I start P3D - and get two alert boxes, that the F1 dlls cannot be found (which is to be expected).

In the cockpit, where I see the GTN stack and the (black) F! GTN gauge in the 3D cockpit), I replace the gauge and the 2D representation with the GTN 750 1 from RXP (no bezel).

The cockpit reloads, and there is a black GTN gauge that is unresponsive.

When I try to uninstall the RXP gauges this turns into a mess, I cannot reinstall them again and have to use the NOF1GTN750S340.exe to make everything working.

I have NO problem when I just install a 2D gauge, with no F1 GTN present before.

And this is true for all planes I tried so fatr

Hi...

The step your missing is running the RXP Gauge Swap utility... It's been a while - I forget how to start it...

So run the F1GTN750S340.exe...

THEN run the RXP Gauge Swap utility... It finds the reference for the F1 gauges that are defined from the previous Carenado script and replaces it with the RXP gauge...

That should do it...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

The step your missing is running the RXP Gauge Swap utility... It's been a while - I forget how to start it...

So run the F1GTN750S340.exe...

THEN run the RXP Gauge Swap utility... It finds the reference for the F1 gauges that are defined from the previous Carenado script and replaces it with the RXP gauge...

That should do it...

Regards,
Scott

The swap utility is the one started from within the sim? That is what I do when I wrote "In the cockpit, where I see the GTN stack and the (black) F! GTN gauge in the 3D cockpit), I replace the gauge and the 2D representation with the GTN 750 1 from RXP (no bezel)."

Or is there another tool?

2 hours ago, darem said:

get two alert boxes, that the F1 dlls cannot be found (which is to be expected). 

In the cockpit, where I see the GTN stack and the (black) F! GTN gauge in the 3D cockpit),

You shouldn't be getting these messages if you removed the F1 program from your system. And a GTN stack shouldn't be loading.
Are you sure you completely uninstalled the F1 GTN from your system? Using the Windows Control Panel - Uninstall a program?

1. Make sure you have the latest version 2.5.4 RXP GTN 750 http://www.reality-xp.com/index.html#pricing
2. Run F1GTN750S340.exe
3. Start P3D
4. From the P3D add-ons menu open Reality XP GTN|Setup aircraft to open the RXP gauge Configuration Panel. Looks like this. Make sure it is set exactly like this.
Click review then accept.
rQSQrTN.png

V8JomRD.jpg

Edited by Bills511
  • Upvote 1