Sign in to follow this  
darem

The Carenados

I reinstalled and again uninstalled the F1GTN. However, I get the dll error, which seems to be logical, as the modified panel expects this dll.

I do NOT get the dll error when I keep the F1GTN installed

1. Make sure you have the latest version 2.5.4 RXP GTN 750 http://www.reality-xp.com/index.html#pricing

Yes. I have

2. Run F1GTN750S340.exe
3. Start P3D
4. From the P3D add-ons menu open Reality XP GTN|Setup aircraft to open the RXP gauge Configuration Panel. Looks like this. Make sure it is set exactly like this.
 Click review then accept.

Double checked and did so. THe GTN comes up grey, with "starting..." at the bottom and nothing happens.

When I try to deinstall the changes throught the control panel, P3D crashes.

I think the problem is with the F1 GTN control panel, which doesn't get uninstalled

--------------

Tried it again, but then, after installing, closed P3D and restarted it. Now the gauge works, but once you try to load another livery, P3D crashes again.

-------------------

Now I removed window09 and window10 from the panel.cfg. No more dll alert box.

THat did the trick.

Conclusion: You have to manually clean the panel.cfg, then everything works.

16 hours ago, darem said:

Now I removed window09 and window10 from the panel.cfg. No more dll alert box.

THat did the trick.

Conclusion: You have to manually clean the panel.cfg, then everything works.

Great!

Most of my panel.cfg files are manually edited.  Like you, I configure my popups to one specific key combo and that combo is assigned to a yoke button.  I also customize the size and location of my popups in a consistent manner. Once done, I make model specific folders on a thumb drive and carefully backup my config and ini files, along with any control-gauges.  I have more than once needed those backups.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere