Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Taxiways

I do not understand the significance of the Taxi Route Error message. Whenever I have had this message appear when clicking on Taxiways I have always received very precise taxi instructions from Pilot2ATC. I can see in Taxiway Maintenence the the green taxiway paths do not go to each and every Gate. Is that the reason for the Taxi Route Error message?

On the Taxiway Maintenance screen the green taxiways do not exactly overlay the taxiways on the default scenery i.e. the green taxiways and hold short points are way off in the region of 07R at LEBL. Is that a problem? How accurate do the green taxiways have to be in order for Pilot2ATC to work correctly?

There are a number of taxiways in real life at LEBL that do not have green taxiways in Pilot2ATC. Am I correct in assuming that as long as Pilot2ATC has one taxi route to a  arriving or departing runway it is happy?

Sorry for all the questions

Regards Colin

If you are getting good verbal taxiway instructions, then P2A should be able to display them.

The taxiway green line locations being off the real taxiways should not matter.  As long as there is a complete path from near the gate to the runway hold point, and all the segments have a proper name it should work.

P2A will use whatever taxi information it has in the data to determine taxi routes.  Missing taxiways, of course, will not be used.  Some airports even have Runways that are not depicted in the taxiway data.

Sometimes, doing an import of the airport taxiways and gates will help fix these kinds of issues, as long as the taxi data imported is better than what exists in the database.

Next time you get the Taxi route not calculated message when you receive good taxi instructions from Ground, please email me the following to admin@pilot2atc

1) the P2A Log file, located at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  
2) Save the airport Taxi and Gate data using the Taxi Mnt Save buttons and send me those 2 files so I can load and test them

3) The departure Gate and Runway that the instructions are for.

Thanks,

Dave