Sign in to follow this  
bluebell2

World data base

Okay I have done so many up date that I now have files every where. The latest 6.50 trainer and I can only get USA airport and nav info even when I have WORLD DATABASE set.

It must be something I have not set or put in the right folder but what. All I did was up date to V2.5.4 and the new trainer before that all worked great and I could use EGNO and EGCC.

Please help. USA data base is working okay.

Hi,

Are you by any chance flying helicopters? It seems the new trainer ships with a specific "heli" set of databases (nav and obstacles) and the one supposedly "WW" appears to be AMR only. I suspect they mis-packaged something.

We're currently extending the DB selection options in a quick update so that you can choose which ones you want more specifically.

In the meantime, you can always use the environment variables to forcefully set the aviation database file you'd like to use regardless of the settings panel option.

You may also manually override the ownship icon to an aircraft, so that it loads 'aircraft' instead of 'helicopter' databases instead.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Here are the details (take a hex editor and look at the first bytes in each file):

nav_db2.bin           WW-ADB2     Copyright 2018. Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc (WorldWide)
nav_db2_grm.bin       AmrN-ADB2   Copyright 2018. Garmin Ltd.             (Americas North)
nav_heli_db2.bin      AMRH-ADB2   Copyright 2018. Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc (Americas Helicopter)
nav_heli_db2_grm.bin  AmrN-H-ADB2 Copyright 2018. Garmin Ltd.             (Americas North Helicopter)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)