Sign in to follow this  
logic007

Weather out of sync with sim

Hi Dave. Hoping you can help

I run the paid version of P2A. I have recently been running XP11.

Issue I have is that when I have P2A set to read NOAA real weather, and in the sim its set to real world weather the Atis is generally spot on with the atis reported by the FMC in the zibo mod  problem is that XP11 winds and atis are different from both these. For example atis in zibo mod reads winds 250/13 and P2A reports same winds on its atis. But in XP11 i get different winds and active runways than what is being reported twice......any ideas?

Im also using the NOAA weather plug in. Id love to get this all in sync.

Had all this running beautifully in P3D4 with Active Sky.

Darrel

You can set XP-11 to use Real Weather and set the refresh rate.  That should reduce the frequency of differences.  There is always the chance of a difference when weather is changing rapidly, but using real weather in XP11 should help.

Dave

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is I already have XP-11 set to Real Weather (refresh rate 30mins) and P2A set to use NOAA real weather (30 mins also) 

Its like the FMC in zibo and P2A are in sync. X-Plane is reporting differently.

Before arriving at destination airport I read Atis in fmc and check P2A for arrival runway and winds. Both match, great. But during approach I end up with tail winds because in the sim its different so I end heading towards AI coming the opposite way down the runway....but the AI seems to match what  X-Plane atis would report.

Im currently experimenting with pointing X-Plane to the metar file and the atis in both P2A and XP then match but reported runways in use are different. X plane will then report winds at 230/10 for example but designate runway 09 for departure whereas P2A will report 230/10 but advise runway 27 at EGGP. The AI will use 09

Darrel

Edited by logic007

Darrel,

You can check the X-Plane METAR.rwx file to see if the METAR there matches what X-Plane is reporting.

If winds are 230/10 and XP is assigning RW09, you may need to raise an issue with X-Plane.  I don't know what their runway selection algorithm is. 

You might also try setting the refresh to 15 minutes to ensure the latest METAR is being pulled.

Dave

I've already checked the Metar file and they all match. But both programs assign different runways. I've also had both on 15min refresh before today.

I'm not sure if it is a bug with either program as other users of both XP and P2A haven't reported this issue anywhere on the forums that I'm aware of and I am a relative newbie to XP so I believe its probably just me and my XP setup at the mo that's why I'm frustrated. I switched to XP as I do all of my flying in VR now and the native performance is good. The Zibo mod is awesome in the oculus and I find the overall resolution better in native. And also the sloping runways......first class! 10 x better for immersion. P3D needs this feature.

I have been playing around with the different weather reporting options in both XP and P2A tonight and I think I'm getting a little closer to finding something that suits.

Darrel

Edited by logic007

If necessary, you can force P2A to use any runway you like by setting the "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option on the Flt Plan tab of config and then selecting the desired departure Runway either with a SID or by setting the Runway on the SID page.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Forcing pilot runway is an option I am considering

I've also noticed that when I dont enable the NOAA plug in for XP I get the same runways assigned but other wind and visibility mismatches etc.

I will eventually figure all this out, I am going to do more testing later and see which combination works best for me.

If I point P2A to the 'sim weather' I guess it reads the freshly updated Metar file in the XP root directory when XP is set to real world weather? If this is the case in theory they should be identical I presume if set to the same refresh rates.

I will also test this later 🙂

Darrel

Edited by logic007

Hi Dave 

Just wanted to let you know that I've finally solved this now with consistent results after testing at tons of different locations. Both P2A and XP are reporting identical atis info and assigning the correct runways and the wind socks also correct 😁

If the winds are now 240/10 XP will assign rwy27 instead of 09 the same as P2A and the zibo mod fmc atis. All 3 perfectly in sync finally.

What worked for me was to have P2A set to read NOAA real weather and XP set to real world weather, but this has only worked correctly after uninstalling the XP NOAA plug in, and I also got rid of the pyhton interface which I only got for NOAA originally.

So....happy chappy now!

Thanks for the great support as always

Darrel

Edited by logic007