Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

Lost in the addons....

I'm to the point that its hard to remember what addons I have.... what areas, geographies, type of add ons, etc etc. I'd estimate I have about 50+ addons total covering aircraft, weather, scenery, land class, airports, etc etc etc. This becomes and issue sometimes when things don't function quite right (or look correct in the scenery) but I can't remember what addon would be responsible for causing the error or issue. I.e. was taxiing at the new ORBX KSAN V2 and I've got taxiway signs in the middle of the taxiway.... now, which addon would be causing this.... can't remember!

Is there any 3rd party software that can help manage this? Even if its just for informational purposes. 

Google for lorby addon manager or organiser, it’s a great tool to have and use.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

As far as sceneries go, I have created a Google Kmz map, with all my airports shown. This way I can see immediately all the airports and Orbx areas I have. It also makes it very easy to identify where I want to fly from by just referring to a map visually. Without this, it would be very easy to forget what airports I have.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Folks,

Hah - time for my plug for Alex's Little Navmap - which has my favorite feature for tracking addon sceneries - the program scans your scenery.cfg databasing the results and has the ability to show ONLY those airports you have addon scenery for - including the hundreds of ORBX freeware airports if you have them loaded... It's how I choose all my flights...

It's FREE...

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

As far as sceneries go, I have created a Google Kmz map, with all my airports shown. This way I can see immediately all the airports and Orbx areas I have. It also makes it very easy to identify where I want to fly from by just referring to a map visually. Without this, it would be very easy to forget what airports I have.

I also use Google Earth to drop a pin with some brief information on what airport I have. Soon though this will be obsolete when FSElite's DCTRY is released. Quite a wonderful scenery program they are coming up with.

But as for aircraft I would guess you could just write down a list or something. Sometimes I will start up P3D just to scroll through the aircraft I have to make a decision on what I want to fly that day.  

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?