Sign in to follow this  
Greggr1

turning in air behaviour

So I'm unsure if this is the aircraft or p3d but when I've just taken off or landing, the aircraft seems to make jerky then smooth turns whilst the roll angle is set maxium 30 but, the aircraft will roll nicely and then randomly the aircraft will turn jerky quick them back to normal. This only happens on take off and landing.

Tjanks

2 minutes ago, Greggr1 said:

So I'm unsure if this is the aircraft or p3d but when I've just taken off or landing, the aircraft seems to make jerky then smooth turns whilst the roll angle is set maxium 30 but, the aircraft will roll nicely and then randomly the aircraft will turn jerky quick them back to normal. This only happens on take off and landing.

Couple things:

1. Note that the max bank angle selector is utilized in HDG SEL only. If you're in LNAV, it has no effect.
  2. Only on takeoff and land seems like it may be something interfering like a wake turbulence simulation (sounds dumb, but ActiveSky used to, and may still, simulate wake coming from aircraft that aren't even moving)
  3. If you're using a weather program, make sure your turbulence sliders are set down to about 15-20%

Kyle Rodgers

Okay i've changed it so in active sky the wake turblence is 20 max it was on defult 70 i think

see how that does if it changes anything

Thanks

In my experience, a similar behavior can be traced to the "enhanced turbulence" effect in Active Sky. I think it tries to bypass the in-game turbulence simulation and manually applies pitch, roll, and yaw rates/forces to the aircraft in order to try and make the effects more realistic. Unfortunately it seems to do so in a very jerky and ham-fisted way that often clashes with these sorts of third party aircraft flight models. So try unchecking this option as well if your situation hasn't improved.