Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

Boeing 737 Classic or similar aircraft for P3D v4

Hi,

I am searching for a good 737 Classic or similar aircraft addon. Is there any 737-300/400/500 Addon available? (As far as I know the QW 737CL has been canceled and the Wilco 737 PIC has not been updated to P3D v4). If not, is there any study level aircraft addon which is similar to the 737CL concerning the cockpit (Early glass cockpit, Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS) with traditional mechanical gauges)?

Thanks

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Leonardo Maddog.

i would love to see Wilco 737CL updated to v4 as none of the developers have it on their roadmap as of now.

As KrisJ said, the only one that really comes to mind is the Leonardo Maddog when it comes to Partial Glass setup.  Well worth the investment.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Currently using a CaptSim 737-200ADV which is quite good, if interested. In P3Dv4 too.. Have Milviz's too but the CS one has more older repaints available.

28 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Currently using a CaptSim 737-200ADV which is quite good, if interested. In P3Dv4 too.. Have Milviz's too but the CS one has more older repaints available.

I don't think Milviz has been updated to v4? Was good in earlier versions.

I've been flying the A2A Connie tonight for the first time. It's nice, but I was thinking that I'd like something half way between this and the NGX, specifically a 737 classic.

Edit: Also, how are the Captain Sim 737 200 frame rates compared to other aircraft, such as the NGX? Most Captain Sim are suboptimal when it comes to frames - it this one any better?

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

43 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

The 732 has been updated to v4.

Thought so as mine ran fine in P3Dv4. Only reason I opted for the CS version because I could get old Britannia and TEA repaints.

51 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

how are the Captain Sim 737 200 frame rates

I am never one for watching frame rates as long as I have a smooth flight, and so far have no issues with an older un-overclocked Sandybridge+GTX970

The topic is about early glass/ semi analog cockpit alternative for 737 CL.

The 732 does not fall into this category.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:33 PM, KrisJ said:

The topic is about early glass/ semi analog cockpit alternative for 737 CL.

The 732 does not fall into this category.

This topic is now also about other earlier variants of the 737, as that’s what we’re talking about and it’s fairly relevant!! Yes, the 732 has no PFD or ND.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:12 AM, pedrotrindade said:

The 732 has been updated to v4.

https://milviz.com/flight/products/B732C/index.php

Thanks for the heads up Pedro, I seem to have missed this release. Last I heard (a long time ago), no update was planned.

Installed and flew her last night - not a bad plane. VC textures aren’t all that sharp, and the cockpit is certainly well-used.

Geometry of the cockpit is also a bit odd in VR, which is how I’m flying her.

I have good memories of this plane in earlier versions of P3D, so it’s good to have her back.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

50 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

This topic is now also about other earlier variants of the 737, as that’s what we’re talking about and it’s fairly relevant!! Yes, the 732 has no PFD or ND.

If you belive 732 is early glass cockpit then fine. That was what OP asked about.

Thank you all for your answers. What about the Boeing 757 and 767? I heard that Qualitywings is going to make their 757 P3D v4 compatible (release?) and Level-D announced a 757 back in 2017. But is there any good addon available now?

Edited by Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

There is one. Captain Sim released their new 757 for P3Dv4. Base pack with PW engines and expansion with RR. Quite good Addon although expensive. It still requires some VNAV improvement and some other minor fixes but it is really a solid product. I am flying it right now with Delta from EGCC to KJFK 

Yes, I too miss my 737-300's and 500's.  I am sure there is a market out there.  For me, something not as system intense as a PMDG would be just fine.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

5 hours ago, KrisJ said:

If you belive 732 is early glass cockpit then fine. That was what OP asked about.

Kris, you may have noticed that 95% of forum threads talk about things that are not literally the answer to the OPs question... 

OP asked about ‘Boeing 737 Classic or Similar”, and was referring to the 737 300-500. If you want this sort of experience in P3D now, you either fly the 737 200 from milviz - it gets you the old-737 feeling, but without the glass - or you fly the Captain Sim 757. I have the latter, but I don’t fly it very much. It’s also a very different experience to flying a 737-300.

Maddog is even further away from the 737-300 experience, though its a pretty good aircraft.

If anyone really wants to fly the 737-300, you’ll need to go with the IXEG for x-plane. I do fly that from time to time (i’m a 737 fan), but haven’t used it for some time as the performance and interaction in VR is not great.

I’d also note that Aerofly has a decent 737-500 as part of the default aircraft, that I’ve flown quite a bit. This is an underrated platform that every sim fan should check out, and the whole sim costs less than some of my Prepar3d addons.

Oz