Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

IPC Timed Out All Retries

I'm using FSXSE on a Jetline Systems Win 10 (64bit) PC.  Have used Radar Contact for years.  PC came in Dec 2017 with P3d 4.2.  Got so fed up with it I went to FSXSE in about two months.  Radar Contact has been working flawlessly.  However, Steam dumped a large update on me a few days ago, and I have had a number of problems.  My main problem now is with Radar Contact.  When I hit the Start button, I get a window with a red X (no number) and IPC Timed Out all Retries, and the program will not open.  I reinstalled Make Runways, and ran the buttons for file path and Scenery before hitting Start to no avail.  I haven't a clue as to what the Retries is about as everything else has gone as it should.  I'm about ready to just reinstall Radar Contact, but thought I'd try this first.  Mike Nicholson

Well, I have finally solved this problem today.  After spending a fair amount of time today searching through my PC and Register, I was able to get rid of the Retries window.  At that time the window shifted to   'Cannot link to FSUIPC'.          At last I had a specific clue.  I checked the rcv4X and saw it was using a FSUIPC4 I had purchased in 2007.  I installed the new one in Feb 2018 when I bailed out of P3d and started Steam.  I was changing some of my old FSX programs, like Radar Contact, and must have brought the old FSUIPC4 file with it.  I don't know how it got there or somehow I did it today with all the checking and deleting of old files.  From Feb to yesterday, everything was fine.  Just deleted the old FSUYIPC4 exe from my rcv4X file and dropped a copy of the new exe in.  The only problem I have now is the text window doesn't open although after flying Radar Contact for some time, I don't really need the text. I'll fly a flight tomorrow with the bug tab active and take it from there.  Mike

Be sure you have installed the latest FSUIPC in the FSX folder under steam. Get the correct version of FSUIPC  from:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Read the notes and pick the correct version. Be sure any older versions of FSUIPC have been reoved by changing the .dll extensdion to .dlh in case you need to roll back.

FSUIPC runs its built in window display.

You can also try Showtext from here:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Read its instructions. Be sure it is set to run as admin in the program advanced properties.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/ is the general forum for discussing errors in FSUIPC applications.

I'm sorry I didn't get back with the final story and close this out.  In my last post above I had everything working but the text.  For some reason, the next time I used RC a day later for an IFR cross country and everything, including the window, worked fine.  Life is Good.  Mike