Sign in to follow this  
Christian Bell

P2ATC ignores keystroke "1" on my keyboard

Hello to all,

I think I found a little issue concerning P2ATC and my keyboard in version 2.5.0.5 R2 and R3: 

Once the config window has been opened, the keystrokes on the normal numeric key "1" are suppressed. It is still possible to enter the same number using the numeric keypad.
This does not change anything if the config window is closed again. The use of the key is then no longer possible under Windows (for example in the editor) or other input fields. Note: this already happens if only P2ATC is active. X-Plane has not been started at this time.
Incidentally, all other input devices have also been disconnected from the PC for safety's sake.
The problem is not resolved until P2ATC is completely closed again.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on here?

All the best

Chris

When you set a Hot Key, it is setting a system wide hot key.  You can limit it to just P2A and the SIM by checking the "Require P2A or SIM Focus" option at the bottom of the Btns tab of Config.

Therefore, you should not set any keys as Hot Keys that you may want to use for typing letters or numbers in P2A or the SIM.

Thanks, Dave, for the clarification.

Using the keyboard key "1" within the Windows environment works again, but as soon as I want to make entries with the digit "1" into the ATC settings of P2ATC, the input is still ignored.
I also can not remember ever having set a cross-system hotkey to key '1'.

If none of your Hot Keys are set to "1" then it's possible the hot key is still in the config folder and loading when you start P2A.

Send me your AppConfig.xml file to admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll see if I can figure it out.

The AppConfig.xml file is located at:
c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.

Dave

Thanks for your offer. Today, all things work like they should do.

I will do some more tests in the next few days and give you a final feedback. 

In case of further issues: would a complete reinstallation an alternative solution?

Chris