Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

GSX Level 2 hmmmm......

7 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Unless I've missed something, and that wouldn't be the first time 😄 it seems that an immense amount of time is going to be taken up by configurating jetways etc with every airport in my library, which runs to dozens. I mean hours and hours! Or as I said, am I missing something?

If you're missing it, then so am I.  This is the biggest negative I see with this product.  I'm not saying it's a fault of the tool itself or means it is not worth it.  And maybe it's not possible for GSX to replace jetways on its own.  But man, that is a lot of time for us to spend ourselves.

• Like 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

23 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Unless I've missed something, and that wouldn't be the first time 😄 it seems that an immense amount of time is going to be taken up by configurating jetways etc with every airport in my library, which runs to dozens. I mean hours and hours! Or as I said, am I missing something?

Jetways on default airports will be replaced automatically. For any addon airports you will have to tell GSX to replace them, either all or only specific gates. Its just a few mouse clicks and a sim restart (to compile the exclude bgl file to remove CTRL+J jetways) and you are good to go. In case of single jetway gates, GSX will use the same position as the CTRL+J jetway so they line up accurately with the rest of the scenery (on a well designed airport). In case of dual or triple jetway gates, due to limitations with CTRL+J jetways, only one jetway will be moveable, the rest are static jetways and this is where GSX can't put the replacement jetways at their proper place, so those gates will need some manual adjustment for jetways 2 and 3, and this can require some effort, depending on how many gates are affected. 

As jetway replacements are selective, you can replace the jetway at your departure/arrival gate only, so theres not much time involement needed if you only need your gate to be served by a SODE jetway. 

And Umberto briefly mentioned they are looking into a built-in community sharing system, so you could simply load a config made by a community member

TL;DR: 
Single jetway gates can be replaced in no time, multi-jetway gates may need some manual adjustment post replacement. 

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 2

Why is the latest GSX original version, now over 1Gb to download compared to the previous 243Mb? One minute I had several FSDT add-ons, GSX working flawlessly. All of a sudden it prompts to get the latest Standalone Manager and GSX. Yet the latest GSX shows such an increase in file download size.

• Like 2

Because there is only one installer which will install either GSX or GSX Level 2 depending on your purchase. The increase in size is due to Level 2.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, lennie said:

Hi everyone

I did an FSDT update today, and it stopped and asked to download the GSX full installer which i did, then it ran and updated all, and did not request a payment. Did I get the new version for free, and only have to pay if i wanted to use it at non-FSDT airports? Wasn't that clear to this old guy.

No you have the trial version that works unrestricted with Level 2 at all FSDT and a few default airports and Level 1 at all the rest. When you pay for expansion it unlocks Level 2 for the rest of your scenery. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

20 hours ago, virtuali said:

it has been updated for 6+ years FOR FREE

i think all of you guys have good reasons, but IDK maybe it's because i don't have a job and I just can't buy anything I want.

And, of course. Why would you pay for an update? That's like if FlightBeam charged you to add SODE jetways at KSFO.

Just saying.....

Edited by Aaron Kim

20 hours ago, virtuali said:

And yes, the nag screen suggesting to buy Level 2 that comes when it's in Trial, CAN be disabled after the 2nd time it comes up, and won't come out ever again.

Umberto, I want to suggest that if you find you have a lot of spare time and want to fill it with constructive development...I mean like if you see that you are hanging around the family too much and just getting on your wife's nerves...please make GSX v.2 for X-Plane 11 and I'll be glad to pay the full price for it all over again. 😉

5 minutes ago, Aaron Kim said:

i think all of you guys have good reasons, but IDK maybe it's because i don't have a job and I just can't buy anything I want.

And, of course. Why would you pay for an update? That's like if FlightBeam charged you to add SODE jetways at KSFO.

Just saying.....

Oh please, you started this thread to b!tch and moan at the price of a significant upgrade. We can't all afford what we would like in life, we choose to buy the things that we think give us the most value or choose to spend a lot on something we really desire - it always comes down to a personal choice. Your choice is to not buy Level 2.

A lot of work has gone into creating an add-on that has new features not seen before in P3D and is not just an extension of what was already in the base package, so your SODE analogy does not work.

When I see some more favourable comments and fewer teething problems being discussed, I'll buy Level 2. My choice is to buy the upgrade at a later date when things are smoother because I feel it will then be of worth to me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

AND - that does it for this one - not worth the effort to keep it open.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors