Sign in to follow this  
aeronauta

CoollSky Ultimate Airliners DC-9 and Super 80 MegaPack

I am interested in this AC for P3D V4 , has anyone had a look at them , any reviews?? it has been out for a week and no comments??

Their forum is only for people with licence (meaning who bought it ...)

Jorge

Last thing I read was that the gauges were not initialising. Looks like it was for most, if not all users.

I downloaded the wrapper but didn't install. Might be wise to wait.

David Porrett

Yep, I am also looking for some reviews...  I had the DC9 for FSX and loved it so much. It was one of my favorite aircraft, but a bit heavy on the system. I hope it will run better on P3Dv4

Mike

Edited by Mikelab6

I just installed it and everything is working fine for me.

It is an old sim with old textures, but I have always liked it and I welcome having it in P3Dv4.

If you had it in FSX, it is exactly the same, only in 64bit.

I'm also waiting for some reviews.
The DC9 is the only one I'm interested in, provided it has some kind of navigation system (FMC/GPS).
Can the GNS750 be used or likewise GPS?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I’ve had no problems so far!

The DC9 is spectacular, just some minor details like the VC textures (Kinda Low Res, but probably its fixable), but other than that is amazing, gauges have no problem, at least on my end, it also comes with many tutorials from each panel on the cockpit to an engine failure tutorial, as well as systems schematics which, I must say, really surprised me. You can also define the aircraft state from cold and dark to ready for takeoff.

As for the MD, havent tried it yet, but Im more than happy with the Maddog X!

Hope to be of any help!

Best Regards

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

I love the DC-9, no gauge issues in windows 10 (seems like most with that issues are on windows 7).

I had an installation issue where it would freeze part way but after talking to support launching my computer in safe mode for the install fixed it.  That seems like overkill to get an installer to work but that’s a discussion for another thread.

You can use the default gps and couple the navigation to that GPS/default flight plan if you wish.

I ended up buying the mcphat HD cockpit package from feelthere to get a high res cockpit, looks great!

If you want to fly a DC-9 you can’t go wrong.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is it as rough on frame rates in V4 as it was in FSX?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I haven’t noticed a difference compared to other detailed addons.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm only interested in this product for having the DC-9. There's no comparison between the Coolsky's Super 80 and the Leonardo Maddog X, since the latter was specifically developed for P3Dv4 (we are talking about aircraft features and textures, both interior and exterior).
I think that was the main reason for Coolsky to offer the product as a bundle, otherwise they wouldn't have sold a single copy of the Super 80.
Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

ended up buying the mcphat HD cockpit package from feelthere to get a high res cockpit

Link please.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

4 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Link please.

I'm pretty sure that would incur the wrath of the moderators, but if you go to the feelthere website and search for mcphat you'll find it.

Dave

Working fine for me. Yes you can install and use any of the Flight1 GPS units and in the DC-9 autopilot use AUX NAV and it should track your GPS route just fine. I installed the GTN750 via the F1 GTN configurator. If you liked the aircraft in FSX then it is the same aircraft, just ported for P3D.

I still had my McPhat highres cockpit installer on my hard drive and installed that just fine as well. Unfortunately the cargo expansion will not work.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Or challenge yourself and get the CIVA INS from simufly.  It's free, fun and will keep ya busy.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I just noted that a Win 7 fix has been posted on the Super 80 forums

David Porrett