Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Chernov

Ladders and flickering textures in Prepar3D v4.3

Hello everyone. After upgrading to v 4.3, I am unable to configure normal antialiasing. Textures shimmer and shimmer, especially on the ground. I set up the inspector, as before, but did not get the desired result. This is weird. About the default setting is not necessary to speak. Perhaps you know the solution?

PC Spec. Intel I7 7700 3.6, GTX1080, RAM 16Gb, SSD

ced42f2c44b7.png6072f4e0a11a.pngf98b6e55098f.pngbfa2ca96018d.png

The Inspector texture filter setting "Clamp" would/should remove the shimmering for the most part, but your AF mode has to be set to "User Defined/Off" not "Application Controlled "for the AF settings to be implemented in P3D. 

Thanks for this. I’m having massive shimmering and was just trying to ignore the shimmering. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I am running a 4K TV @ 4096x2160 and still had some annoying shimmering, especially the power tower pylon textures in Orbx PNW.

I was finally able to fix most of it by using 8XMSAA in Prepar3d and with  Inspector using Anti-alias mode  set to "enhanced"and Anti-alias - Transparent super-sampling set to "8X Supersampling", not Sparse Grid Super Sampling

I also have Texture filtering - Quality set to "High Quality" and Power management mode set to "Prefer Maximum performance". 

This worked for me in both v3 and v4 of Prepar3d. Currently running 4.3

This cleared up about 98% of the shimming and no performance hit like SGSS. 

I have a Nvidia 1080 GTX as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlightSimDimm said:

I was finally able to fix most of it by using 8XMSAA in Prepar3d and with  Inspector using Anti-alias mode  set to "enhanced"and Anti-alias - Transparent super-sampling set to "8X Supersampling", not Sparse Grid Super Sampling

Shouldn’t that be a worse performance hit than SGSS?

I tried the advice here and it's still the same. Thanks anyway...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma