Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Things I don't understand.................

Women

The offside rule

People that don't like Marmite

FSX users plagued with OOMS that won't switch to P3D v4

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

The offside rule

u american? 😛

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Women

They don't understand us either (and neither do we ;))

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Marmite

4 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

old habbits die slow.. and hey, first world problems.. we all love to complain about stuff we could change but wello moneyoldaddonsperfectsetupexceptoomstimemanagement

Victor Roos

3 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

u american? 😛

old habbits die slow.. and hey, first world problems.. we all love to complain about stuff we could change but wello moneyoldaddonsperfectsetupexceptoomstimemanagement

LOL....How can I be American? I love good old English Marmite, Oh, and I can't stand football (that's soccer to all our US friends)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

7 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

u american? 😛

I'll move to p3D as soon as the  Avsim Forums unread content page is populated by less than 75% posts about P3D problems - blurries, FPS, Stutters, addons not working, etc, etc. Carry on P3D Betas!

Edited by Guest

Hi Folks,

Isn't Marmite like the Australian Vegemite ?

Hah - and as one of the last of the FS9 diehards - I went straight from FS9 to P3Dv3 - missing that whole FSX thing completely - no regrets there - P3D has been very good to me and my old i2700K at 4.7Ghz while fully loaded with the usual suspects...

Regards,
Scott   

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

16 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Isn't Marmite like the Australian Vegemite ?

now here's a post worthy of .... ??

tis boy's vs men's ..... your call scott !

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

LOL....How can I be American? I love good old English Marmite, Oh, and I can't stand football (that's soccer to all our US friends)

haha, proud! same bout the marmite.. and I'm dutch so

I think the offside joke just wooshed ove rmy head! hehe, #football 😉

Victor Roos

4 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Women

I heard they do not understand themselves. 😋

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Women

The offside rule

Women: Nobody understands women, not even women do. They even admit this.

Marmite: Don't like it myself, but whatever floats your boat.

Offside Rule: In principle it is simple to understand, but in practice it's an excuse to allow/disallow goals based on who threw the FA/FIFA/Referee/Linesman the biggest bribe.

FSX rather than P3D: FSX is a good sim, especially in FSX-SE form, and so long as one is aware of its limitations it does the job for very little money, but it isn't a smart choice these days if you like a ton of add-ons and keep getting OOMs.

What I don't understand, is the (completely incorrect) assumption made by every flipping sandwich maker on the planet, that everyone likes mayonnaise. I realise it is partially because it allows them to spread ingredients further to make the product cheaper to create, but they even put it on sandwiches with eggs on them; mayonnaise it made from flipping eggs, it doesn't need any more of it on there!

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

26 minutes ago, Chock said:

What I don't understand, is the (completely incorrect) assumption made by every flipping sandwich maker on the planet, that everyone likes mayonnaise. I realise it is partially because it allows them to spread ingredients further to make the product cheaper to create, but they even put it on sandwiches with eggs on them; mayonnaise it made from flipping eggs, it doesn't need any more of it on there!

It's all about the lubrication and mouth feel, don't 'ya know.

Besides, as descendant of family from the USA Appalachian mountains (and the UK before that), mayonnaise is the National Food of My People. Don't go knockin' it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Never underestimate the power of good lubrication Chock. It's essential to maintaining good aircraft part longevity - and also personal satisfaction when it comes to sarnies!

An excellent post. These are vexing problems, you've come to the right Forum with them. 
Much good advice already given. I'll try to explain further:

Women
You are in a hobby which is roughly 99.99999999999999999% male dominated. You are fine on this one. 

The offside rule
No-one here can help you. Feel the love.

Marmite was invented in New Zealand and we don't allow the Pom version in here. For good reason.

Can't help there unfortunately, I went from FS9 to Aerofly AFS2 and so missed all that pain. My condolences.

I'd like to add one to the list if I may, a real 21st century first-world conundrum:

The Next Youtube Clip Offered.

Edited by WingZ

7 minutes ago, WingZ said:

The offside rule
No-one here can help you. Feel the love.

The Offside Rule: Unfair goal - Ref's decision. 

Hence, the controversy; Anyone would think we're discussing a CFIT after a Missed Approach.

x

Marmite........anything like Vitameatavegamin??  It's so tasty, too!:rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: