Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Things I don't understand.................

5 hours ago, Chock said:

What I don't understand, is the (completely incorrect) assumption made by every flipping sandwich maker on the planet, that everyone likes mayonnaise.

Ah don't be dissing mayonnaise mate! My favorite handwich* is peanut butter, butter, mayonnaise and banana! :uwe_merm:

* Note: I call it a handwich 'cause I hold it in my bloody hand! 'Sides, there ain't no sand in my handwich!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Funny the FSX question should come up. I moved up gratefully to P3DV4 early this year and parting with much cash I have an enjoyable sim. Problem is missing my A2A Connie and already repurchased too many addons I already owned for FSX and couldn't see parting with another $90. After scanning through the  Carolina Classics web site and discovering a long list of retro airports Sunday (for free) I got a brain storm. Why not reinstall FSX Steam and just use it as a time machine for my Connie, Michal Jan C47, PMDG DC6 (Which I already repurchase for P3D) . Just use FSX for a recip prop sim. No fancy airport addons other then the retro freeware. I hope this will keep the VAS foot print low though I did install my ORBYX Global sceneries.

Now if I want to fly one of my study level jet liners I fire up P3DV4. If I feel the need to get in touch with the inner Ernie Gann I go to my FSX time machine. I've already installed 1960 ATL, Charlotte and 1961 Idlewild KJFK). Looks like FSX is  to be getting more use over P3DV4 in the coming weeks. Besides, that guy sitting in the front of that Branniff DC6 is who I wanted to be when I was 6 years old watching planes at El Dorado in Bogota.

Now , enlighten this colonial rustic. What is Marmite?

Vic green

Oh Chock; what have you done? 

Mods coming in hard on this one (Charlie and Fr. Bill) - Vegemite V Marmite.

Forget FSX V P3D!

;-)

(Ganter - running off to fly)

I'll hold out for Nutella as an alternative to Marmite or Vegemite!

Made from hazlenuts for a delicious, tasty treat... :smile:

Nutella is described as a chocolate and hazelnut spread,[17][27] although it is mostly made of sugar and palm oil. The manufacturing process for this food item is very similar to a generic production of chocolate spread. Nutella is made from sugar, modified palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, skimmed milk powder, whey powder, soy lecithin, and vanillin.[

Bu2le.png

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, WingZ said:

People that don't like Marmite
Marmite was invented in New Zealand and we don't allow the Pom version in here. For good reason.

Yussss, you beat me to it.

Funny story about women.....I was walking down the beach here in good ole New Zealand when I stubbed my toe on a little lamp, I picked it up and rubbed the sand off and a little Genie popped out and said "I grant you one wish"
I said "Isn't it supposed to be three wishes?"
Genie says "I am just a little genie and only capable of one wish"
So I said "I would love to visit the USA but I hate airplanes and boats, can you build a giant Causeway between New Zealand and the United States so I can drive there instead?"
Genie says "I cannot do that, I am just a little Genie and the engineering alone is way beyond my capabilities, pick something else?"
I said "OK, I have a wife and two daughters, life can be complicated sometimes, my wish is I would really like to understand woman?"

Genie replies "So this causeway is it one lane or two?" 😃

• Like 4

Matthew Kane

Women: They are all lovely, intelligent, and wonderful. Each is a perfect gift, especially the ones I love.

(if that does not cover the bases and protect my back I don't know what does!) 

The Offside Rule: If you have the puck stick handle it, do not dump it in!

Marmite: What's that?

FSX users and their OOM's who will not switch to P3D: Dumber than a bag of boots!

I don't understand people that don't understand that an ellipsis is only 3 dots...

BTW...

God: I'm going to grant you a wish,  but is only one, so pick wisely.

Some random Guy:I want a road all around the world to travel and visit all the places.

God: that's impossible,  pick another.

Some random guy: OK, so i want to understand women.

God: how many lanes do you want in the road?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

7 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Now , enlighten this colonial rustic. What is Marmite?

It's mix of crude oil, skunk, and salt ... I could never force that stuff down me as a kid when I lived in England ... I think it had a shelf life of 12,000 years.

They do sell it in the US also, usually in the "international" section near the wine gums and jelly babies (my personal favorites).

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

They do sell it in the US also, usually in the "international" section near the wine gums and jelly babies (my personal favorites).

In 1995 I  moved from Cape Town (where Marmite rules all toast) to Dallas for a year.   I remember driving for almost two hours in Dallas to the nearest UK food store to buy Marmite.    In 1998 for work, I was briefly based at the Carlsberg-Tetley brewery in Burton-on-Trent in the UK - where down the road,  I found the center of the universe.  The Marmite factory.

I do understand FSX users although no longer one myself, the largest freeware addons of any present sim I understand them and the cost of the PC upgrade. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

14 hours ago, WingZ said:

People that don't like Marmite
Marmite was invented in New Zealand and we don't allow the Pom version in here. For good reason.

Excuse me!!

It was invented by accident. In the late 19th Century a German scientist, Justus Liebig, discovered brewer's yeast could be concentrated, bottled and eaten. In 1902 the Marmite Food Company was founded inBurton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, where the raw material was readily available from the town's brewers.

😉

P.S. I tried Vegemite........and threw it in the bin 🤢

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

14 hours ago, WingZ said:

Offside!

• Like 1

Marmite on toast cannot be beaten. 

Especially after 10 pints.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Marmite on toast cannot be beaten. 

Especially after 10 pints.

Hi Folks,

LOL - after 10 pints I'd eat Balut - in fact I have - a delectable Filipino delight (not for the faint of heart)...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Balut is a developing bird embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It originated from and is commonly sold as street food in the Philippines. Often served with beer, balut is popular in Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Sounds yummy!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors