Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

problem with some registration

Hello, i have a Little problema with code registration. Last time i used PSXSeecontraffic i was at the airport UUEE (Moscu). A plane with the callsign "Nordwind" was arriving. But i could see that when the plane arrived, it had been matched with an "Aeroflot" one. Quickly, i went to see the registration of Nordwind and could see that all was fine:

VP-BJF,VQ-BUD,VQ-BJA,VP-BJ*

So, i cant understand why the software put an "Aeroflot" plane 777 instead of a that "nordwind" one. The registration of that plane was: "VP-BJG" (so i understand that PSXSeecon traffic would read hte "VP-BJ*).

but, after, i discovered that in the first position i have a "VP-BJF". 

Can i have VP-BJF and VP-BJ* in the same line, or do i have to delete the first one?

could that be the problem?

thanks!

6 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Can i have VP-BJF and VP-BJ* in the same line

Yes you can. The order is not important, they only have to be unique.

PSXseeconTraffic will first try to match the VP-BJG registration and with no match it will try to match with VP-BJ*

Are you sure that Nordwind plane with VP- BJ* is in your AI_liveries.txt file? It looks it is not...

Nico

well, in the AI-liveries i can read: 

NWS;B772;1;Nordwind Airlines B777-200ER;VP-BJF,VQ-BUD,VQ-BJA,VP-BJ*

so, its there. i dont know what happens

OH! in the "LiveriesSkippedOnRegistration" folder, i read this:

VP-BJ* in "NWS;B772;1;Nordwind Airlines B777-200ER;VP-BJF,VQ-BUD,VQ-BJA,VP-BJ*", already exists for "Aeroflot A320 CFMS 1"

so, Aeroflot and norwind have both a " VP-BJ* ". What should i do? Both plane have this registration in real.  

No, in real live that registration is about the Nordwind, not Aeroflot. See planespotters.net

hello kiek, i have seen planespotters and on Aeroflot fleet, on Airbus 320, there are three:

VP-BJA, VP-BJW, VP-BJY

and in Nordwind, on 772 fleet there are:

VP-BJA, VP-BJH,VP-BJF,VP-BJG and VP-BJJ

so, they are not equal, but have the same: " VP-BJ* " 

is that meaning that i cannot put "VP- BJ* " on both?

sorry again!

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

is that meaning that i cannot put "VP- BJ* " on both?

Indeed, just like you cannot have double registrations. AILGenerator will generate an error message.

so, in only one ot both Airlines i should put the registrations completed, without the " * ", and in the other the one with wildcard.?

may i ask another question?

For example: delta connection has many planes operated by another Airlines: gojet, skyexpress, etc...

i know that on "atc_parking_codes "i can put many codes, but, on "atc_airline": what callsign shold i put?  the airline that operates the plane or the airline that plane comes from?

sorry, im learning but i love this software!

atc_airline is not used by PSXseeconTraffic.

The best thing you cannot do is to add the Registration code. That uniquely identifies the aircraft whatever airline code it is using.

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

so, in only one ot both Airlines i should put the registrations completed, without the " * ", and in the other the one with wildcard.?

That is only possible if you have put all the registration codes for one airline. 

However, I think it is better not to use wild cards in this particular example. It may add confusion.