Sign in to follow this  
TomCYYZ

How to Activate NGX

I just bought the NGX for P3Dv4 and I cannot figure out how to Activate the base pack using the product key. Is it within the P3Dv4 sim or through the Operations Centre. I do not seem to be getting an activation window popup. Any Ideas?

Regards

Tom Stewart

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

OK I figured it out, loaded up Base 800 and input activation code. But I still get a message warning about the sim not running properly if the NGX is not loaded after a default aircraft. Can I get rid of this message somehow?

Thanks

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

1 hour ago, TomCYYZ said:

OK I figured it out, loaded up Base 800 and input activation code. But I still get a message warning about the sim not running properly if the NGX is not loaded after a default aircraft. Can I get rid of this message somehow?

Thanks

This message will appear also if you change between liveries or PMDG planes without restarting the sim. Are you doing this by any chance?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the reply. No, I get this message when I initially load the NGX. I do not change between planes and or liveries during any session. One instance of the message is all that should be necessary for most people since the issue about loading a default aircraft is a given for most simmers. Can there not be a box we can check, something along the lines of “Do not show this message again”?

Edited by TomCYYZ

39 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Thanks for the reply. No, I get this message when I initially load the NGX. I do not change between planes and or liveries during any session. One instance of the message is all that should be necessary for most people since the issue about loading a default aircraft is a given for most simmers. Can there not be a box we can check, something along the lines of “Do not show this message again”?

If you're getting the message, then the plane is - somehow - getting loaded as default, or you're switching liveries, or something. The plane somehow thinks it is, so something is causing that. What add ons are you using? Any applications that launch the sim for you? What aircraft is spinning in the window when the sim first loads (and is it loading directly into a flight, or to the scenario creation screen)?

Kyle Rodgers

I load on top of the default P3Dv4 cessna and the aircraft spinning is the PMDG 737 (whatever livery). Just a note, if it helps, through recollection, I did install all my liveries before the first time I tried to load the aircraft. Maybe I got ahead of myself there. I can live with the message, but I really do not think it should be there every time I setup a flight. I do not get it with the Queen of the Skies.

Edited by TomCYYZ

OK, another scenario I am getting is I load up the first instance of the aircraft over my default Cessna and I say OK to that popular message. The plane loads and starts to throttle forward... I have to quickly move my saitek throttle back and forth to calm the PMDG 737 down and apply the brake. Everything seems normal, so no problem. I am just testing things... reload the Cessna, say OK to my favourite message, and the PMDG 737 I load starts shaking violently....Should I have closed the sim and restarted before loading a different NGX? I thought as long as I load the NGX over a default plane it should work whether it was the same session or not?

Do not load the NGX over a default plane.  Always start P3D with the Scenario Setup screen showing, and a default airplane rotating in the small window.  If you close a NGX scenario, you have to exit P3D and restart P3D before loading another NGX scenario.  I think this is explained well in the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

8 hours ago, downscc said:

Do not load the NGX over a default plane.  Always start P3D with the Scenario Setup screen showing, and a default airplane rotating in the small window.  If you close a NGX scenario, you have to exit P3D and restart P3D before loading another NGX scenario.  I think this is explained well in the Introduction document.

Sorry, I read the Intro Doc and I am still not sure what you mean by starting with the scenario setup screen. I have always started FSX or P3Dv4 by loading a default flight with the Cessna loaded with no problems, even with the PMDG NGX. Is this a new procedure for P3D? I have it set to start with the default Cessna at KSEA. So, after the scenario setup screen loads on startup with the default aircraft rotating, do I load that scenario or do I change the aircraft  to the NGX, then load the scenario to a default airport or my departure airport I will be flying out of. BTW the Intro Doc only talks about FSX not P3D. I must be dense because I am now totally confused. Also, for my own info, should this be the same procedure when using any payware aircraft?

Edited by TomCYYZ

I think I have it sorted out now.Sorry for my confusion.  I just revisited the scenario setup screen and replaced the vehicle with the NGX then it loaded the scenario to the  location I had setup up (KSEA in this instance) in the scenario. Then, if I was departing LAX for example, I would Navigate to KLAX with the NGX loaded. Does that sound right?

Tom,

the important steps for loading any complexe addon aircraft (not only PMDG) is:

- Start P3D (ideally as admin) with a default airplane turning such as the F22.

- select aircraft, airport, time

- start the flight.

to change airplane: exit the sim completely, wait until it is deleted from the task manager!! This may take some seconds. Then restart it. 

Those addons are calculated outside of the actual simulator at big parts. If you reload them or change them you only reload the parts that are calculated inside of the sim but everything else will keep running as it was. And then of course it will go crazy.