Sign in to follow this  
DaveRuk

REX Texture Direct/Soft Clouds Enhanced uninstall process?

I've got this package loaded into my P3D v4.3 and want to move to Sky Force 3D, but struggling to confirm correct approach to remove TD/Soft Clouds Enhanced.
The REX desktop console does not have a clear "uninstall" option that I see. User manuals don't seem to cover it specifically either.

What I have done so far is use the inbuilt option to Restore (sim) textures, effects and sounds to pre-REX install using the Backup created at time of installation.

My question is whether there are other steps needed before I load new product.

Thanks in advance.

i7-8700k, Asus TUF Z-390 Plus Gaming, Corsair H45, GTX1060/6, 16GB.  SSDx2, HDDx1, Win10/64, P3D v4.5, lots of bolt-ons...

I believe that Skyforce will overwrite the the textures that TD/Soft Clouds uses. 

It should be a simple as install Skyforce,  and set your options. Then just install textures over what you have already. I use a combination of TD and Skyforce textures in my sim. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

On 9/13/2018 at 7:49 PM, djbully said:

I believe that Skyforce will overwrite the the textures that TD/Soft Clouds uses. 

It should be a simple as install Skyforce,  and set your options. Then just install textures over what you have already. I use a combination of TD and Skyforce textures in my sim. 

I opted to use the TD/Soft/Enhanced Clouds option to restore (reverting to pre-install P3D defaults) then removed the whole product using the standard Win10/Settings/Apps Uninstall option.

TBH I suspect that step was more of a space clearing exercise, as all the affected content in the sim should have firstly replaced the restore step (going backk to P3D defaults), then improved clouds introduced by the SF3D install.

This was partly driven by the fact that I wanted to clean up older REX texture content that is effectively now available in the updated WorldWide Airports HD. With the exception of water textures, WWAHD addresses all that I believe. Hope my thinking works out!

i7-8700k, Asus TUF Z-390 Plus Gaming, Corsair H45, GTX1060/6, 16GB.  SSDx2, HDDx1, Win10/64, P3D v4.5, lots of bolt-ons...