scottb613

Anticipation - Falcon 50 Familiarization

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

STEER INPUT CONTROL
For ground power GPU (not APU) - Introduced in P3D V2.x
For Dynamic Reflections (P3D V3.x)

For Dynamic Lights (P3D V4.x)

STEER INPUT CONTROL

We already use a steering input events you listed as these are also FSX. We animated the tiller to turn when you use the rudder pedals which uses the steering variable. So you should be able to steer with FUIPC or any controller you assign. Just test our L35.

For ground power GPU (not APU) - Introduced in P3D V2.x

Just tested the default FSX coding which is different but it works in P3D.

For Dynamic Reflections (P3D V3.x)

Got this working by selecting global env setting and using no cube map.

For Dynamic Lights (P3D V4.x)

Standard landing light effect will work.

Edited by Flysimware

44 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

We already use a steering input events you listed as these are also FSX. We animated the tiller to turn when you use the rudder pedals which uses the steering variable. So you should be able to steer with FUIPC or any controller you assign. Just test our L35.

Sorry, I probably didn't write out the correct events/simvars ... just going by memory (search the SDK, also shows up in FSUIPC list) ... but essentially you don't need FSUIPC and can use the built in P3D setting of axis, see video below (sorry in 4K so you'll need full screen) - I've used this in FSL A320 and works very well to get full >6 degree motion:

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

but essentially you don't need FSUIPC and can use the built in P3D setting of axis

Watched your video and it works.

Edited by Flysimware

Looks like with the P3D V4 lighting bug its not worth it for me to have dynamic lighting for landing lights and taxi lights. Also when i test the default landing lights in V4 you can't even hardly see the runway. The biggest issue is the lights make the interior VC glow like a spot light. So if you have seen our Lear 35A landing lights. I think you will agree this is best until P3D fixes their bug. Also turning off cast interior does not work. 

• Like 1

I'm very excited to hear you're possibly close (but I also know that snags can delay and I won't complain)! 

I will definitely be an early-adopter! If it's anything like the Lear, I'm with Scott, I'll be addicted to another hot bird.

🙂

21 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm not aware of any P3D V4 lighting bug as they have been implemented successfully by many other vendors.  If you can bring your issue to LM and steps to replicate on their forums they would be interested in taking a look ... here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6309

Cheers, Rob.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/removing-landing-lights-to-illuminate-vc-cockpit-when-turned-on.443186/

Its been a bug ever since V4.1 Most vendors have no issues because there beacon light is not near the VC. Same for the landing lights. Smaller aircraft get away with this. But large birds just do not because of the location of the lights. Even with my hard coded lights that prevents light to bleed into the interior model (FSX FSX:SE P3D V1-V3) now will not work in V4.

That also mean since i will use my custom lighting for taxi and landing the beacon will still bleed in the interior model. Lets hope it only the cabin section.

Edited by Flysimware

I'll pass along your information to LM, but to be clear I assume you are following these procedures outlined in the SDK for Landing Lights?

P3DV4LandingLights.thumb.jpg.5850a3ba08f27c033fa05675eb5d24e0.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

12 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'll pass along your information to LM, but to be clear I assume you are following these procedures outlined in the SDK for Landing Lights?

Cheers, Rob.

Yes i use the normal procedure for creating landing lights when i create non custom landing lights. 

Once V4 was released the lights will now bleed from the exterior model (where the lights are modeled) to the interior model. This never happened using FSX or P3D V1-V3. And there are some funky work around solutions that require a special DLL and others i do not like some planes don't have this issue because the landing lights are on the wing. Its the big airliner aircraft that suffer the most.

6 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Yes i use the normal procedure for creating landing lights when i create non custom landing lights. 

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just my two cents on lighting - I hope LM fixes something with it as the lighting on the Lear was less than satisfactory in P3D (realizing it may be a limitation of the sim) - in my humble opinion... I would strongly suggest to not include that big 3D light bloom model that's visible during the day - in P3D it seemed banded even more than in FSX and doesn't look good at all - I had to buy the 3rd party "fsfxpackages" addon pack specifically to eliminate the effect (LOL - as I certainly did not buy it for the absurd disco lights) which cost as much as the Lear... The other issues is the landing lights did not illuminate the runway at all on approach - only after landing did I see any light on the runway - kind of defeats the whole purpose of "landing lights"... In real life those lights should illuminate the runway from a couple hundred feet up on approach... I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen landing lights that work well in P3D ? My work around was to just never fly at night... Hopefully there is some way to improve this... OK - so maybe this was a nickels worth...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Example from RealAir Duke - perhaps these are a little too bright - I don't fly real bizjets or turboprops - but I've never been in an aircraft that could illuminate the entire length of the runway at night (even with HID's and LED's)...

Pg_13_b.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

12 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Example from RealAir Duke - perhaps these are a little too bright - I don't fly real bizjets or turboprops - but I've never been in an aircraft that could illuminate the entire length of the runway at night (even with HID's and LED's)...

Pg_13_b.jpg

Regards,
Scott

I like the brightness here but i could not get the P3D fx.landing light to be that bright. 

12 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just my two cents on lighting - I hope LM fixes something with it as the lighting on the Lear was less than satisfactory in P3D (realizing it may be a limitation of the sim) - in my humble opinion... I would strongly suggest to not include that big 3D light bloom model that's visible during the day - in P3D it seemed banded even more than in FSX and doesn't look good at all - I had to buy the 3rd party "fsfxpackages" addon pack specifically to eliminate the effect (LOL - as I certainly did not buy it for the absurd disco lights) which cost as much as the Lear... The other issues is the landing lights did not illuminate the runway at all on approach - only after landing did I see any light on the runway - kind of defeats the whole purpose of "landing lights"... In real life those lights should illuminate the runway from a couple hundred feet up on approach... I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen landing lights that work well in P3D ? My work around was to just never fly at night... Hopefully there is some way to improve this... OK - so maybe this was a nickels worth...

Regards,
Scott

The Lear does not show the lights during the day for all sims we make it for. Did it show in P3D V4 during the day?

We plan to raise the height the light will shine on the runway. For the F50 i have the max at 60 feet. After that the effect will no longer show no matter what i set the height to. Looks good. The L35A was only 12 feet. We will increase it in our next update.

The biggest issue is not our method but P3D V4 needs to fix the bleeding as this is not normal behavior.

Edited by Flysimware

15 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Did it show in P3D V4 during the day?

Yes, you'll should see DL lights during day, dusk, dawn, night.

I have an inquiry out with LM, if I hear anything I'll let you know unless of course it's under NDA.  

Agree with you that it does seem like some creative work-arounds were done by some content providers to prevent the issue.

Cheers, Rob.