Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Anticipation - Falcon 50 Familiarization

10 hours ago, Flysimware said:

The Lear does not show the lights during the day for all sims we make it for. Did it show in P3D V4 during the day.

Hi Mark,

Yeah - in P3Dv3 without DL enabled - IIRC - the bloom was always present in all lighting conditions - midday clear skies included... I haven’t tested it lately as I’ve always had the FSFXpackages addon enabled ever since... As mentioned it was far more banded or striated than it appeared in screenshots for FSX...

Regarrds,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 9/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, you'll should see DL lights during day, dusk, dawn, night.

Just checked and the L35A does not show our ground taxi or landing light during the day. Only dusk, dawn, night.

2 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Just checked and the L35A does not show our ground taxi or landing light during the day.

Odd, I just tested with A2A's Bonanza and I see their lights (all of them, beacon, strobe, taxi, landing) them during day, difficult to see but just visible.

Cheers, Rob.

18 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Odd, I just tested with A2A's Bonanza and I see their lights (all of them, beacon, strobe, taxi, landing) them during day, difficult to see but just visible.

Cheers, Rob.

My bad we are talking about different subjects. Your talking about DL working during the day. I originally thought you said our custom L35A landing light was on during the day and looked bad. We have to disable it of day use because its blinding bright. So nvm.

Edited by Flysimware

Never suggested your work looked bad at any point?  Just trying to get developers to read/use the P3D SDK rather than FSX.  Using the P3D SDK is going to be much more critical for aircraft developers in the very near future and there will be a very obvious visual delineation between P3D SDK usage and FSX SDK usage.

I've got a running commentary going with other devs and hope LM will take notice of the DL issues with Landing lights behind the VC and close proximity to fuselage ... if they comment, I'll let you know.  I'm not sure how other developers are able to work around this issue, but it would be optimal if there is "fix" or easier method or some documentation on how to accomplish.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Folks,

Just some eye candy on the real deal - Falcon 50 at KPDX - both coming to P3D soon...

:cool:

Regards,

Scott

Hi,

Very much looking forward to adding the Flysimware Falcon 50 after my experience with the LJ35. Having been looking at some real world Falcon 50 flightdecks, there appears to be a number of variations in terms of the avionics used. As I have not, as yet, seen any screenshots of the cockpit of the Flysimware version, I would like to ask which avionics suite Flysimware are planning to model?

Bill

14 hours ago, scianoir said:

Hi,

Very much looking forward to adding the Flysimware Falcon 50 after my experience with the LJ35. Having been looking at some real world Falcon 50 flightdecks, there appears to be a number of variations in terms of the avionics used. As I have not, as yet, seen any screenshots of the cockpit of the Flysimware version, I would like to ask which avionics suite Flysimware are planning to model?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I can't speak for Mark - but from what I've seen - it will be steam gauges and GTN driven... I believe glass gauges are a whole new level of modeling difficulty - there are only a few individuals who can do them well... I don't recall any Flysimware glass gauges...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

Scott is correct. FSW is modeling an early Falcon 50 model with steam gauges. The user will have the option of installing 1 or 2 GPS units (GPS 530, GTN 750, etc) depending on what GPS  they own, or the FSW GPS530 which will be included, into the center console between the seats.

Al

• Upvote 1

Steam gauges with the GTN/GPS option sounds good to me! I certainly would prefer that combination to a poorly functioning glass cockpit. 

Bill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Only just found this info. Loving the Lear to death in FSX right now will have zero problem splashing out full price for this Falcon. I just hope it's different enough from the Lear so the latter won't get retired! It's the bus analogy for sure. Wait all these years to fins a decent bizjet and then I find 2 at once! Xmas came early

EDIT: Ah I see it's a long range beast. Twice the weight. That's different enough for me!

😄Insert other media

Edited by sloppysmusic
added info

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

On 10/9/2018 at 7:39 PM, scianoir said:

Hi,

Bill

Amen on the steam gauges for sure!

• Like 1

Here is a couple of shots of the Flysimware Falcon 50 beta:

0d69aa952f.JPGa59601559c.jpg

Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1