Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Anticipation - Falcon 50 Familiarization

50 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Is that an FMC I see there? Interesting!

No, those are not FMCs, but dual GTN 750 GPS units. As shown below, there will be a GPS Management Tool that will let you install a wide range of GPS units depending on what you own. The Flysimware GNS 530 will be included with the aircraft.  You can select to install one or two GPS units except for the Flysimware GNS 530 for which only one unit can be installed. So you can easily and very quickly switch between GPS units without having to reinstall the aircraft. You will need to reload the aircraft after installing the GPS units.

Al

7f4b2c45ee.JPG

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 3

Just my personal taste but I'm very happy to see the steam panel with the GTN option. Perfect combo of old and new. Beautiful cockpit shots and I like the GPS Management Tool. Looking forward to this one!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ark said:

No, those are not FMCs, but dual GTN 750 GPS units. As shown below, there will be a GPS Management Tool that will let you install a wide range of GPS units depending on what you own. The Flysimware GNS 530 will be included with the aircraft.  You can select to install one or two GPS units except for the Flysimware GNS 530 for which only one unit can be installed. So you can easily and very quickly switch between GPS units without having to reinstall the aircraft. You will need to reload the aircraft after installing the GPS units.

Ahh I see now when zooming in the twin GTNs are replacing the traditional FMC locations on modern airliners. Brilliant design choice! Twin GTNs work perfectly in your LearJet particularly if you dont have a decent weather radar to install.

Hope this plane has an impressively low VAS footprint like your other planes. Videoed two flights in OrbX Papua Guinea last night using the Grummand and Lear and ran a jaw dropping 8.5 LOD in FSX!

Good times ahead!

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I guess it's time for me to start hitting the 'refresh' button on the Flysimware website until the Falcon drops... 🙂

Done😂

Best regards

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

3 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Done😂

Best regards

'Done' as in purchased? You beat me to it if so Mr MD-11!

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Yes purchased !

So far I encounter two problems: first whatever I do to select 2 GTN750 with the appropriate tool, only one is showing in the VC(But two are in the panel config at VCockpit29 & 30)anyway I have both in Window06 & 07. The second problem, I have no stabilizer sound. Not big deals, plane flies great did a quick flight from EGCC to LFBO, love it!

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

44 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Yes purchased !

So far I encounter two problems: first whatever I do to select 2 GTN750 with the appropriate tool, only one is showing in the VC(But two are in the panel config at VCockpit29 & 30)anyway I have both in Window06 & 07. The second problem, I have no stabilizer sound. Not big deals, plane flies great did a quick flight from EGCC to LFBO, love it!

Cheers

Pat,

I found the same bug  with the GPS units. As a temporary workaround, after loading the a/c into an airport, try rerunning the GPS Management tool a second time, and then reload the a/c. That seemed to work for me.

The trim sound does not work for me in P3Dv4 either, but does work in FSX-SE. So another bug to be fixed, and will be quickly I expect.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback and your quick solution Al✌️! Works now, 2 GTN750 in the VC. I also noticed that the GPU doesn't show everytime. 

Patrick Mussotte

25 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Thanks for the feedback and your quick solution Al✌️! Works now, 2 GTN750 in the VC. I also noticed that the GPU doesn't show everytime. 

Pat,

I haven't tried to do anything with the GPU, so can't comment on that. BTW, what sim are you using -- P3Dv4?

Edited by ark

I tried first in P3D4. I also installed it in FSX-SE. I noticed as you said that stab trim sound works in FSX. 

Patrick Mussotte

Beta 2.1 is out and fixes the P3D V4 missing sounds and fuel system. We will need time to figure out why only 1 GTN shows. For the GPU this is static and should always be showing. I need for info on the GPU issues.

6 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Thanks for the feedback and your quick solution Al✌️! Works now, 2 GTN750 in the VC. I also noticed that the GPU doesn't show everytime

I have tried several times yesterday and today and every time both units show up. So i just can't simulate this issue beside you and Al. he is trying again today. This is odd to me as it has always worked the first time. I am glad trying twice works.