Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Anticipation - Falcon 50 Familiarization

Hi Folks,

Anyone have any idea of some rough ballpark figure for the release of the Flysimware Falcon 50 - I'm truly hoping they get to market before the Carenado model - I believe Carenado is on a 60 day development cycle...

Anyway - in anticipation - here's a good site with a great overview of the Falcon 50 for familiarization:

http://airplanedriver.net/study/Da-50.htm

Regards,

Scott

• Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Unfortunately Flysimware doesn't communicate a lot on the averall progress, except some vid your their youtube channel! My two cents will see the Carenado first.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

28 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Unfortunately Flysimware doesn't communicate a lot on the averall progress, except some vid your their youtube channel! My two cents will see the Carenado first.

Hi Pat,

Yeah - I hear ya - personally - I just want to see Team Flysimware do well...

:cool:

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice link Scott, thanks for posting that.

Regardless of the time frame, I'll wait for Flysimware's.

-Bob

Hi Bob,

Yeah - me too - I know Mark is practically pedantic in regards to making the systems work right - not to mention the endless world clas support...

Regards,

Scott

I've never bought anything from Flysimware before - I'm looking forward to this being my first purchase from them. I'm not into business jets, but I fell in love with the Falcon 50 after downloading the freeware one. I'm glad that someone with a good reputation for systems is tackling a commercial release.

Hi Paul,

Yeah - honestly I’m a prop guy - on a whim I tried the Lear 35A and never looked back - it’s a complete hoot to fly... It’s an exceptional aircraft all around and a real challenge to fly well ... Yeah - I’m still prop guy but I can’t get enough of flying the Lear... This experience is what has me motivated for the Falcon...

Regards,

Scott

We should be releasing in 30-40 days. Our user manual will be very basic and then we will develop it over time while folks can enjoy an early purchase. No reason to let a perfectly good aircraft sit on the tarmac just because i have to spend a long time making the user manual complete.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 6

I'll buy whichever one (or both or none) that actually uses the P3D V4.x SDK ... 🙂   nice to have a working GPU ... ELECTRIC_GPU_SWITCH_SET so power doesn't drain ... if I have to get a separate P3D V4.x model only then I'll happily pay the extra so long as it actually uses the features in P3D V4.x SDK.

Yes, there is a hint of me getting exhausted with paying more for P3D versions of aircraft and still not getting aircraft using the P3D V4.x SDK ... or compromised aircraft so they work in FSX.

• enabling dynamic reflections rather than the static maps that work in FSX
  • specific Dynamic Lights rather than FSX light blobs
  • working external GPU using P3D SDK
  • working tiller steering using P3D SDK

I understand the need to continue to sell to the FSX market, but that shouldn't restrict what one does for the P3D V4.x market.  Not singling out any vendors because there are many that still do things the FSX way, but encouraging them to take a look at the P3D way 🙂

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bob,

Yeah - me too - I know Mark is practically pedantic in regards to making the systems work right - not to mention the endless world clas support...

Regards,

Scott

Unfortunately, knowing myself, I'll buy both....😊

Thank you for that link.

Bob

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

We should be releasing in 30-40 days. Our user manual will be very basic and then we will develop it over time while folks can enjoy an early purchase. No reason to let a perfectly good aircraft sit on the tarmac just because i have to spend a long time making the user manual complete.

That's GREAT news!!  Let me slick up my credit card....

38 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'll buy whichever one (or both or none) that actually uses the P3D V4.x SDK ... 🙂   nice to have a working GPU ... ELECTRIC_GPU_SWITCH_SET so power doesn't drain ... if I have to get a separate P3D V4.x model only then I'll happily pay the extra so long as it actually uses the features in P3D V4.x SDK.

Yes, there is a hint of me getting exhausted with paying more for P3D versions of aircraft and still not getting aircraft using the P3D V4.x SDK ... or compromised aircraft so they work in FSX.

I understand the need to continue to sell to the FSX market, but that shouldn't restrict what one does for the P3D V4.x market.  Not singling out any vendors because there are many that still do things the FSX way, but encouraging them to take a look at the P3D way 🙂

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I'm totally in the dark (no pun intended) on such matters and would love to learn more.  Rather then asking you which aircraft don't meet the criteria you listed do you mind maybe sharing one or two aircraft that show off these attributes really well in case I don't have them.

Cheers

Al.

Edited by YMMB

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Yes we only sell our aircraft packages for FSX, FSX:SE and P3D and do not charge extra for P3D.

===

1. We have our own custom static reflection map. So i will use the global reflection option for the P3D model. This should use the camera to reflection.

2. We also use our own custom landing lights as the FSX white triangle is annoying. Is this what you mean by light blob? Because this type is great for FSX but for P3D i agree we should just use the normal landing light effects since it will not be the annoying triangle and it will give light to other objects. 

3. The Falcon includes a GPU and a APU. Does the P3D need to use the P3D SDK, i don't think so. I will be testing in P3D soon.

4. A working tiller steering? More info please! 

===

I will look in my P3D SDK for these new features.

Edited by Flysimware

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

4. A working tiller steering? More info please! 

===

I will look in my P3D SDK for these new features.

He probably means so you can set up a joystick to use as a tiller without using the rudder and actually see the tiller moving in the virtual cockpit, like in the Majestic Dash8 Q400. I always set up my tiller with FSUIPC and it seems to work on most aircraft, but some you don't see the tiller moving, or you can't steer with the tiller in the virtual cockpit using your mouse.

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

He probably means so you can set up a joystick to use as a tiller without using the rudder and actually see the tiller moving in the virtual cockpit, like in the Majestic Dash8 Q400.

No, the MJC Q400 takes full control, it doesn't use the built in facilities that P3D provides.  P3D facilities are per SDK:

STEER INPUT CONTROL

Nose wheel steering

KEY_STEERING_INC    STEERING_INC    Increments the nose wheel steering position by 5 percent.    Shared Cockpit

KEY_STEERING_DEC    STEERING_DEC    Decrements the nose wheel steering position by 5 percent.    Shared Cockpit

KEY_STEERING_SET    STEERING_SET    Sets the value of the nose wheel steering position. Zero is straight ahead (-16383, far left +16383, far right).    Shared Cockpit

Can be assigned to controller axis via P3D Controller configuration UI.

For ground power GPU (not APU) - Introduced in P3D V2.x

ELECTRIC_GPU_SWITCH_SET

ELECTRIC GPU ACTIVE    Ground Power Unit active    Bool    N    -

ELECTRIC GPU SWITCH    Ground Power Unit switch on/off    Bool    N    -

For Dynamic Reflections (P3D V3.x)
In Material Editor uncheck "Use Global Environment map as reflection" which is replaced with a dynamic cube map.

For Dynamic Lights (P3D V4.x)
I believe the standard general_light can be used that will work when users enable or disable dynamic lights and the lights will still be visible in both cases.  HoweverThere are two new light types that can be used, Type 27 (point) and Type 28 (spot) ... this is all going off memory so you might need to verify against P3D V4.x or V3.x SDK

Cheers, Rob