Sign in to follow this  
bergziege

X-Plane/REP - Plane to slow/not matching cruise performance references

Hi all,

after watching the world tour with "funforluis" at youtube last weekend I got interested in this nice plane. It flies just fine but to slow.

Example Specs:

3800 pounds at pressure alt of 8000 with 20° ISA, 2400 rpm, 26MP and 81 fuel flow it should speed up to 161kts.

Example Flight:

About 2800 pounds at the given specs from above I only get around 140kts IAS runing 50 LOP. But even on peak EGT its not going any faster.
Gear and flaps were up, cowl flaps closed (but made no difference). This behaviour is reproducable for any of the given specs/speeds. Getting worse on the higher end and coming closer to the specs at the lower end. But even stays 10-15kts behind at the lower settings.

What am I missing/not setting correctly?

Have a good flight,
bergziege

I have the Cessna T210M POH. For the scenario specified, The 161 kts refers to TAS (True Air Speed), not IAS (Indicated Air Speed). 

As Les notes - seems to be some confusion between IAS and TAS.  Assuming 8000', standard pressure (29.92) and 10d C temp, for example, 140 KIAS works out to 161 KTAS.

If interested, you can find an online IAS to TAS calculator here: http://indoavis.co.id/main/tas.html

Scott