Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Not sure I understand

If you can buy MegaCity Dallas/Ft Worth from the MegaScenery website for $17.95 + a few buck for shipping. Why did someone buy it on Ebay for $24.50 + $5.00 shipping? Can someone explain what the benefit of doing so was.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Winning a bid in ebay is like winning the Lottery. Especially when others are trying to outbid you?:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

So is it illegal to purchase addons from Ebay? I haven't bought any FS addons from there yet, but if I can find a better deal on an addon that I want then I would go for it as long as it's legal.Jeff

Jeff

(1) Somebody paid $35 for it and is dumping it;(2) Somebody hopes to get orders for $24.50 and go buy a copy to send to the person for $17.95 - thus making $6.45 - and probably a couple dollars on shipping - amazing how many people make more profit on the shipping than on the actual product sold;(3) People believe EVERYTHING on Ebay is a bargin.A smart shopper always checks several sources and finds the right combination of price and service.Unfortunately those appear to be an endangered species.

>So is it illegal to purchase addons from Ebay? I haven't>bought any FS addons from there yet, but if I can find a>better deal on an addon that I want then I would go for it as>long as it's legal.>>JeffIt could be! If what you are buying is not an original package, or a pirated copy. Then it is illegal. The problem with buying from ebay or any other non conventional method is you can never be sure you have a legal licensed copy!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have sold many of my no longer used FS addon's on ebay and always include a picture of the item with the case and manual.Not once did I get "more than what it was worth". I get a few bucks for something I no longer use and someone else get's something they want at a decent price.I have also paid for some add-on's via e-bay and have never had a problem with pirated stuff or warez.

>> (3) People believe EVERYTHING on Ebay is a bargin.<

Jeff