Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Realistic 'Flight Simulator' Puts Players in Economy Class

In the upcoming PC game 'Flight Simulator,' the only objective is to enjoy your flight.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ev7dqj/flight-simulator-game-pc

Excerpt:

When I boarded my first flight last year, I was about as calm as a washing machine with a brick inside. I took my seat, vacuum-sealed my ears, cranked up a podcast and let the force of the aircraft taxiing wash over me. It wasn’t that bad—fun, even. What nobody told me was that the airplane accelerated a second time. I was frozen in an anxious stupor while the plane climbed into the air. Then, after my feet stopped sweating, I was inhaling cookies reading an ebook, forgetting I was airborne at all.

Flying is a harrowing test of nerve, and at the same time utterly mundane, and that mundanity is the foundation on which developer Hosni Auji built Flight Simulator. It’s a first-person point and click game, where you fly a real time route from New York to Reykjavik, Iceland. Except instead of playing the pilot, you’re a passenger.

On the five-hour journey, you do everything that real airline passengers can: slide open your window, close your window, lower your cup holder, read an entire actual novel. If the plane’s too loud, throw on your headphones so you can concentrate on some sudoku. Enjoy an inflight film or listen to the ambient coughing and crying baby in the background. If you want, you can even chill on your real phone while the game runs in the background. Flight Simulator doesn’t care what you do. Your only objective is to enjoy your flight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I can't  wait for HardAir's Crazy-Drunk Passengers addon (and the freeware wardrobe packs) to use with the default smartphone. It`ll make for great content uploaded to YouTube. 

bc

A320-300? Is that what they call the NEO version?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yeah, but what's the frame rate like?

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

OK...I am confused. Is this a joke or spoof?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Soon to be followed by the equally thrilling: 'Queue up to use the cash machine outside Tesco on a Saturday afternoon simulator', and the groundbreaking: 'Wait for three and a half hours to see a doctor in casualty simulator.'

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"An eight hour day in the office" simulator.........that's my dream :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

47 minutes ago, Chock said:

Soon to be followed by the equally thrilling: 'Queue up to use the cash machine outside Tesco on a Saturday afternoon simulator', and the groundbreaking: 'Wait for three and a half hours to see a doctor in casualty simulator.'

Hmm that's painting a picture for me.  Large cash withdrawal on a Saturday, long gap in remembered events, A&E.   

ngxu_banner.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

"An eight hour day in the office" simulator.........that's my dream :laugh:

My niece and nephew love it......... 😊

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1069133196442024/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5